Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have info and pictures on removing the center console and lower dash on a 2017 Rav4 LE. I'm trying to locate a switched 12V supply and This may be my safest and easiest route. I dont want to plug in to the power outlets but would rather tie into them from behind.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would recommend getting 12v switched from the outlet on rear of center console. The rear panel of center console is held in clips and pops off fairly easily with plastic trim tools. Once off you can tap off harness connected to power outlet.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that would be the easiest point to connect. What I'm trying to do is run a permanent wire to a transformer and from there up along the driver side pillar (under the weather stripping), behind the roof panel and over to a dash cam. I did this on my 2012 Rav and it worked out great. On that car I tied into the back of the 12v power outlet below the radio and ran the wire to the left side of the car where I mounted the 5v transformer. I just need to know how to disassemble the console and lower dash so that I can access the 12v supply from the rear. I can't seem to locate any other switched 12v source.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts