Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2017 Hybrid Rav4 and in the middle of the night my vehicle started automatically. The remote fob was downstairs and I have tried pressing the 'lock' button three times and the vehicle does not start.

My car was at the dealership for a routine oil change the day prior.

Has anyone had similar problems?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I once left the car in the "Ready" position all night and the same thing happened. The traction battery got low and the engine came on to recharge it. It's easy to do because the car is silent before and after shutting down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a 2017 Hybrid Rav4 and in the middle of the night my vehicle started automatically. The remote fob was downstairs and I have tried pressing the 'lock' button three times and the vehicle does not start.

My car was at the dealership for a routine oil change the day prior.

Has anyone had similar problems?
Woke up to My 2013 Rav running just yesterday. Happened one other time. What is going on

·
Registered
2014 Toyota Rav4 LE AWD
50 Posts
I once left the car in the "Ready" position all night and the same thing happened. The traction battery got low and the engine came on to recharge it. It's easy to do because the car is silent before and after shutting down.
Yup ...sometimes while parking if you sit in the car for @2min the motor will not run making you think "did I turn the power off?"

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am sure it has happened to many. It has happened to me once. Luckily it was not parked in the garage. Otherwise CO would be a major issue. Actually there should be a CO sensor which should sound horn or something in hybrids.

Other thing I have done a couple times is not put in Park. I have second Generation Prius which goes in park automatically when power off button is pressed.

I have learnt my lesson on both counts. But I still feel there should be a more noticeable alert.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you accidentally leave the engine on (Ready), the engine will turn on and off until it runs out of gas. It is easy to do unless the radio is on, because when you go to exit the car you will probably hear the radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts