Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the 2017 Rav4 eBrochure, roof rails are optional on the LE and XLE trim levels...
toyota.com/rav4/ebrochure

However, I have never seen a 2017 Rav4 without them in any dealer inventory and it doesn't appear to be an option when you use the "Build Your Own" configurator.

Was this something that was originally planned to be an option but later made standard on all models?

·
Registered
5 Posts
These were changed to an "option" after the 5/8/2017 price cut, previously they were standard. I believe this is still a factory installed option for most configurations unless you order for one. May be some dealers will start to get inventory without them, who knows...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think they were optional in 2015 too. I remember seeing ones on the lot without them and thought it was strange. Didn't notice what models didn't have them . Our 2015 xle has them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased LE model and came with roof rails....didn't notice one model on the lot that didn't come with them as standard equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have roof rails but cross bars become optional? I don't use it anyway. It doesn't bother me and less weight to burn gas on mine :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Standard on 2017 Hybrid XLE, in Canada. It's a must in my case.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What do you use them for?

I'd actually like to remove mine if I could figure out how to do it.
We do a lot of sports and outdoor activities (ski, bike, camping,...)

I have Thule cross bars that I use with my Thule box, for skis during winter season, and for camping stuff during summer. I also have 2 bike racks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts