Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a tech guy. I'm from the 8-track and then cassette era. So, with no CD player I presume I have to buy songs I want and download them.

What is the best source for reliable product?

Best price per song?

What format?

What device to store them on?

How to get the 2017 XLE with Entune Premium Audio player to receive and play them?

Anything else I should know but don't know enough yet to ask about?

Yes, I'm searching and researching so apologies to anyone it tweaks for me to ask and thank you to any and all who can help with this.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Does your computer have a CD drive? If so you can easily rip your entire CD collection in MP3 onto a small thumb drive to use in the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I've got a Surface Pro 4 and no CD drive on it. I only have about 4 or 5 CD's left, long story, and except for a couple of greatest hits CD's I really only like 2-3 songs each a whole lot.

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
If you're an Amazon Prime member you can either stream(using data) or download free to your phone to use offline and play thru Bluetooth, I have a few hundred songs saved to my phone, but they're all my favorite classic rock from the 50s thru 80s, works for me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am using Sirius. I thought it would be nice to have a source of a few dozen favorites at times too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why even bother with CD's anymore....they get scratched no matter how much you try not to.....best to use Spotify, Pandora, or just go with satellite radio.....I'm also from 8-track & cassette era (born in '60) but I don't miss either of them.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a CD player in mine and just realized that I haven't even tried it out yet??? (Wanna trade? lol).
USB is the way to go, but I haven't tested that either, hopefully it's as idiot proof as the CD (1 button and that perfect home-made playlist just does its thing).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sirus,
:mad:
I have received no fewer than 20 phone calls from them since I got my Rav4 and every time I tell those blockheads I am not interested. These days, I pretty much live in my PCRadio.

The good thing is, they taught me how to block a number on my phone (ha) but I'm sure they have more numbers ready to use!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Get your music on your cell phone and stream it via Bluetooth.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can get an external USB CD for your Surface, it's less than $20 on Amazon, and rip the CDs to mp3. That way you don't have to worry about DRM, monthly subscriptions, cellular connection, ...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Get your music on your cell phone and stream it via Bluetooth.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk
I do this and use free account of Spotify and Pandora. SiriusXM use to have songs playing on their Preview station but not anymore :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a CD player in mine and just realized that I haven't even tried it out yet??? (Wanna trade? lol).
USB is the way to go, but I haven't tested that either, hopefully it's as idiot proof as the CD (1 button and that perfect home-made playlist just does its thing).
I tried putting all my music to my USB. even though it is separated by subfolder of different artist the ENTUNE is just displaying all the music

·
Premium Member
7,937 Posts
There are numerous discussions on USB music files, use the Search this Forum box to find them, as I recollect the files must be indexed and there's lots of help in those discussions. I don't use USB music.

·
Registered
248 Posts
As this topic has come up a number of times, the consensus response seems to be to tell people to rip their music digitally. Although that may work for many, some like myself, may have accumulated a thousand or more CDs over time. In my case its closer to two thousand. Although I have ripped three or four hundred to my phone for play in the car, digitizing the entire collection is just not going to happen. There are occasions when on my way out the door, i just want to grab that CD that I haven't heard in ages. I've found an effective solution to be storing an old Walkman type, battery operated CD player in the glove box, attached to the aux input. Its only a tiny bit less convenient than a built in, and it does scratch that itch on occasions when needed. As they say, your mileage may vary......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts