Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a RAV 4 within a week or so and have some questions from all the experts and the current owners.
My 2013 Toyota Corolla LE was totaled in an accident last week. Since I like SUV and needed more cargo space, I have decided to go with RAV 4 but couldn’t decide on the model. Help!
I am considering XLE/SE/Limited. (my must have are: a moon roof, fog light, AWD and the SofTex (fake leather, haha). I live in East Coast with snows and I move around every 2 years (mil).
The Dealer’s website has Limited AWD on sale for $29,260 with no add ons. I might be able to talk them down for about a thousand or so. Good deal?
Is SE lower than XLE or Limited in term of height from the group? Since is it Sport I am assuming it is. Can anyone confirm?
Since SE has Sport-tuned suspension, does it make it better for some off roading than the other RAV4 models?

//End of my intro J Thanks for reading//

·
Super Moderator
11,457 Posts
As a Navy Vet I salute you for serving our country.

Just googling I found that the ground clearance of the models you are looking at are all 6.1". The XLE Hybrid is 7.0".

In previous models those with "sport" suspension rode very harshly so drive that model over less than perfect roads to decide for yourself. Many folks here (again, older models) are trying to find ways to soften the jarring ride. Others love it.

No RAV is an off road vehicle. The AWD system is light duty and not meant for the really rough stuff.

I would say that the Limited should suit your needs well. It's interesting that the dealer is offering any discount as all the RAV models are red hot as far as sales.

Here is a page where you can compare models:

2017 Toyota RAV4 Seating Capacity & Dimensions

Right under features & Specs you can click on other items such as exterior, interior, etc., etc.
Good luck with the hunt, you make me proud.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shipmate. I didn't know about all the comparison tags on top, they are very helpful.
Too bad XLE doesn't give me an option for SofTex or it would have been a good match. Besides, 17" wheels on XLE are cheaper than SE or Limited 18" wheels.
I like SE due to its outdoorsy look but Limited should do the job too with more comfort, i guess. Too many choices!

Hooyah!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome! The order of extras and price goes. XLE (std) then SE then Limited.

I recently purchased the SE mainly because I wanted all LED lights, the heated Softech interior, and I liked the overall looks with the sport grill and wheel upgrade. I do not find the ride harsh at all, and it handles and corners excellent. It rides as well if not a bit better in certain conditions than my 2009 V6 FWD Venza I came from.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a 2013 Rav4 Limited, it's my very first Toyota vehicle ever and just got it on Nov 2016 with 29000 miles, I'm the 2nd owner.
So far it's been very good to me and my family.
So I recommend the Limited.

Happy hunting and don't forget to post pictures of your new Rav4 after you get it.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts