Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the scenario. A customer rents a vehicle from our Toyota store and gets hit on the drivers side of a 2017 Magnetic Gray Rav4 XLE, by a Suburban. The driver of the Suburban was not paying attention and ran a red light. The Rav rolled over approximately 3 times after impact. The customer driving the Rav exits the vehicle (probably from the passenger side rear door) without a cut, scratch, or any major injuries. Not one drop of blood remains inside the demolished Rav. I wanted to post this information for two reasons. One to encourage all drivers to pay attention so we can help prevent deaths on the road, and secondly to give companies like the iihs, etc... props for putting pressure on car manufacturers to make vehicles safer. Good job Toyota!!! Overall Real Crash Test Score: Damn Good.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Impressive (or lucky) that there wasn't even a scratch on the driver.

What concerns me is that the RAV rolled over.....not once, but three times. I suspect most won't be as fortunate as that driver if this happened to them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Impressive (or lucky) that there wasn't even a scratch on the driver.

What concerns me is that the RAV rolled over.....not once, but three times. I suspect most won't be as fortunate as that driver if this happened to them.
I doubt the “rolled three times” part of the story, there just isn’t enough damage for that to be true.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have my doubts as well about rolling over three times. That's what I was told, but I just can't see that happening. Nonetheless, the car held up well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check out what happened to my RAV4 when someone up ahead of us decided to slam on their brakes and my being at the end of the line caught the short end of the stick:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/123-4-4-general/263937-my-rav4-adventure-may.html

it was raining and the back spray from the car in front of me blurred my view in the last few seconds....the person who slammed on the brakes according to witness's left the scene.....the pics are the results of the hit and the $11K in repairs afterwards....Allstate said that RAV4's retain their value so they decided to authorize the repairs.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
^^ AGREE

The roof rack silver sides, appear intact and not mangled or flattened out.
- still impressive occupant safety
I doubt three times but it looks like it may have rolled once. The major impact was on the drivers side but if you look at the roof line above the windshield it is pushed down, both A pillars are damaged, the front and rear windshields are damaged and there is damage to the passenger side. There is also damage to the front of the right roof rail.
That additional damage didn't come from just being hit on the drivers side.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is definitely damage to the passenger's side that does not come from impact....so it does appear to have rolled at least once....hope my '13 RAV4 holds up as well should that ever happen to me.....

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Then there is this - driver in the U.K. crashed his reportedly bought new one hour prior Ferrari and the police say that he walked away with only a few bruises, probably including one to his ego:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts