Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2017 RAV4 HYBRID ALIGNMENT

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  batman900 
#1 ·
I just bought a RAV4 hybrid and have had to have it back 2x now already (with only 450 miles) because the alignment is off - it is pulling to right continually. is anyone else having this issue?

#2 ·
Have the tire pressures been checked? Many dealers have sold and released new RAVs without checking the tire pressures as they are supposed to do by the pre-delivery check list.

#3 ·
Check tire balance also!

#4 ·
Have the dealer swap the front tires left to right. Most new car pulls are due to tires and not alignment issues. If the pull goes to the left after the swap then you know that the tires are causing the issue. If this is the case they can flip one of the tires on the wheel and it may resolve the issue.

#5 ·
For what it's worth, I had a similar issue recently with my '15 XLE AWD. After the 3rd tire rotation done by Toyota and rebalancing done by an independent tire shop I had a pull to the right when accelerating. Had both front tires rebalanced, PSI checked and rotated the right side once again...same result, pull to right.

I sloved the problem by jacking up the front end with my new 2.5 Ton floor jack and using my air ratchet on the lugnuts then swapping the front tires.

No trouble since the swap...RAV tracks straight on acceleration (no torque steer due to AWD).

#7 ·
Mine has pulled to the left since I got it, checked tire pressure, 2 alignments, swapped tires left to right etc. Still pulls but not as bad. Nothing left to do I guess. Has nothing to do with road crown btw. My steering wheel is also off to the right. Was off to the left and they tried to fix it, now off to the right lol, I give up.

#9 ·
Figured I'd update this to the post I made above. I got some new Enkeis put on at the dealership and it fixed my pull issue ..... lmao, no idea why, maybe a re-mount / balance of the tires? Anyways it was a great surprise as I drove away and onto the hwy with my new wheels. After 2 visits for this issue and accepting I had to live with it, I'm glad it's fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.