Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2017 RAV4 Hybrid brochure is out. 2017 Toyota RAV4 Crossover SUV | The right choice for any adventure.. The fuel tank capacity will only be 8 gallons compared to 14.8 gallon of the 2016 Hybrid. The cargo volume behind front/second-row seat is 20 cu. ft. vs 70.6/35.6. There is a new color: Galactic Aqua Mica.

There is also a Platinum RAV4 non hybrid with hands-free power liftgate. The side lower exterior panels are now same color as the body. The steering wheel is heated and the driver and passenger have available.

I'm still waiting for the panoramic moonroof and the birds-eye view trickle down to the XLE model because I prefer fabric seats vs the imitation
leather.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Fuel capacity says 14.8, not sure where you're seeing 8. If it were 8 I'd certainly never buy it.
I notice the platinum has body color plastic cladding.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel capacity says 14.8, not sure where you're seeing 8. If it were 8 I'd certainly never buy it.
I notice the platinum has body color plastic cladding.

Here is a page of the hybrid pdf IMG_9327.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hmmm, strange, here it still says 14.8. Not unusual to have typos in this kind of thing. I just hope it's the "8" that's the typo.

2017 Toyota RAV4 Weight & Cargo Volume

Can't imagine an 8 gallon tank. Especially for those of us in colder climates where the engine will run a LOT in winter. I'd be filling up 2-3 times a week.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I doubt there will any major changes from the 2016 unless this body will be continuing through to the 2018 model year.

By then Kia/Hyundai would be releasing their SUV BEV soon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
8 gallons would suck for HWY driving!

And why in the world would they LOWER the tank capacity? Talk about a downgrade. That would destroy one of the advantages of a hybrid which is having a longer range.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, strange, here it still says 14.8. Not unusual to have typos in this kind of thing. I just hope it's the "8" that's the typo.

2017 Toyota RAV4 Weight & Cargo Volume

Can't imagine an 8 gallon tank. Especially for those of us in colder climates where the engine will run a LOT in winter. I'd be filling up 2-3 times a week.

yes, i think it is a typo unless toyota found a way to increase the hybrid's mpg and therefore reducing half the weight of the 14 gal tank. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you guys moticed the mpg for 2017 hybrid has decreased too. i wonder why? maybe because its real world numbers now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The 2017 RAV4 Hybrid brochure is out. 2017 Toyota RAV4 Crossover SUV | The right choice for any adventure.. The fuel tank capacity will only be 8 gallons compared to 14.8 gallon of the 2016 Hybrid. The cargo volume behind front/second-row seat is 20 cu. ft. vs 70.6/35.6. There is a new color: Galactic Aqua Mica.

There is also a Platinum RAV4 non hybrid with hands-free power liftgate. The side lower exterior panels are now same color as the body. The steering wheel is heated and the driver and passenger have available.

I'm still waiting for the panoramic moonroof and the birds-eye view trickle down to the XLE model because I prefer fabric seats vs the imitation
leather.
There's no panoramic sunroof on the RAV4.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's no panoramic sunroof on the RAV4.

Hi G Klinger. check out this video regarding the RAV4 with panoramic sunroof. https://youtu.be/CTelpM08WzI it starts from time frame 12:05 thru 12:14 and then throughout the video.

i believe because of all the u.s.regulations, toyota can't make a panoramic sunroof here. its strange that KIA, Hyundai, even Ford have them already. but who knows, it may make it in the 2018 or 2019 model.

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is dual sunroof, not panoramic. Forester, Jeep have panoramic sunroof.

~ 2016 Toyota RAV4 Limited Electric Blue ~

My bad. Thanks for the correction. When will Toyota bring the Dual Sunroof to the U.S., the next refresh in 2018?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found two more links that show the 2016 RAV4 dual sunroof. As before, the videos are from China.

This first one begins at timeframe 5:09:
https://youtu.be/zhQIwT88A4Y

The second one displays it at 11:22
https://youtu.be/zhQIwT88A4Y

The U.S. version of 2017 RAV4 model is out now with the Platinum being the top model and a little more pricier. Toyota did not incorporate the dual sunroof. I don't know if they will ever enter America. Only the Highlander has it but is a Panoramic roof and you gotta shell out more $$.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts