Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at the Toyota.ca website to checkout the 2017 RAV4 Hybrid. Here's some observations:

TSS is standard on all Hybrid models - LE+, SE & LTD, except the LE+ does not get BSM or RCTA. Bird's eye view & parking assist only on the LTD.
The LTD now gets a hands-free power back door.
The SE model has a different suspension and does not get trailer sway control.
Other differences between the 3 models are tire sizes, LED lights or not, and many other items that you can see on the website.

·
Registered
846 Posts
By hands-free, do we just wave for the tailgate to open? Cool.

So not many additional features for the Hybrid Limited, eh? Oh well, we are happy with our 16 although with the blizzard pearl, I can already spot some small rust spots on the backside. Maybe that's normal as that's what I see on our 11 Accord and on my cousin's Volvo S60.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 they have the "Galactic Aqua Mica" colour.
Which is available with the cinnamon.

They took away the Electric Storm Blue and cinnamon and it is only available as black now.

Good thing I got my combination before they took it out. Makes it feel "special"

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
They took away the Electric Storm Blue and cinnamon and it is only available as black now.

ESB/cinnamon is still available, just not for the location you chose in the build, it's not available here either, but I plugged in a different zip code and it's still available. Same thing applied when I bought mine, sometimes it was available here, other times it only showed black and ash. :confused:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Oh well, we are happy with our 16 although with the blizzard pearl, I can already spot some small rust spots on the backside. Maybe that's normal
What's the "backside"? :confused: If that means the painted and clear coated gate, that's not normal at all! :eek:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you mean rust below the paint that is bubbling through or rust stains on the paint? I own a white Golf and I regularly see 1 mm. rust spots on several panels. However, they can be removed with paint cleaner and are on top of the clear coat.

·
Registered
846 Posts
What's the "backside"? :confused: If that means the painted and clear coated gate, that's not normal at all! :eek:
I saw one or two on the tailgate. Don't recall exactly where.

Do you mean rust below the paint that is bubbling through or rust stains on the paint? I own a white Golf and I regularly see 1 mm. rust spots on several panels. However, they can be removed with paint cleaner and are on top of the clear coat.
They are spots about 1 mm in diameter but don't seem to grow in size and when you try to touch them, it's as if they are embedded beneath the clear coating since it's smooth to the touch. Even on our 11 Accord, they haven't bubbled through. Maybe I should try rubbing some Evaporust on my 02 Civic first to see if it works and proceed to the Accord, lol.

This Hybrid is also MIJ though after switching tires, I already noticed suspension components visible from when the tire is out already kinda rusty. Oh well, that's Toronto winter for you. I don't want to apply anything rust protectant there for fear it might interfere with the regular operations (like making the ride softer).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts