Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a new Rav4 Hybrid Limited yesterday to replace my 2014 Rav4. Limited comes with almost every option except the Advanced Tech Package. Basically only feature that adds is JBL Radio/Spealers and Birds Eye view camera when parking. This option is expensive...msrp for the option is around $1400.

Anyone have experience with this who can comment if worth the expense....? As it stands right now dealer is locating car without the features and will contact me when delivery can be made.

Appreciate any advice....

Bob

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I have it and use it all the time, especially in tight areas, or to see how close I am to the side curb, when I am purposefully trying to get close to the curb. I see it as another tool to make things a little easier, and I would get it again, even though it is way overpriced.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I didn't get the tech package either. The jbl system sucks and the other stuff in the tech package I could care a less about. I specifically was looking for one without tech as well. Now if the jbl system was actually any good I'd have considered it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The are multiple threads about the poor JBL equipment. I'm not sure what features are what package, but I like and use the birdseye, and hate the JBL, the terrible navigation system, and the useless voice controls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The are multiple threads about the poor JBL equipment. I'm not sure what features are what package, but I like and use the birdseye, and hate the JBL, the terrible navigation system, and the useless voice controls.
Software won't let me just say "Ditto", so I've added more words.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For me the JBL equipment didn't make any difference whether I had it or not. I never crank up the stereo loud enough when driving to hear the sound quality. But the birds eye view is awesome. I think the best new feature on cars period. Great for parking in tight spots and also getting into the mall parking spaces perfectly centred. If you can afford it go for it. It's one of those features that once you've experienced it you will always want it for your next car.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just ordered a new Rav4 Hybrid Limited yesterday to replace my 2014 Rav4. Limited comes with almost every option except the Advanced Tech Package. Basically only feature that adds is JBL Radio/Spealers and Birds Eye view camera when parking. This option is expensive...msrp for the option is around $1400.

Anyone have experience with this who can comment if worth the expense....? As it stands right now dealer is locating car without the features and will contact me when delivery can be made.

Bob
I didn't think so and opted without it. I've heard the stock stereo actually sounds better, I'm fine with my stereo system. Also need to consider the maintenance of these rapidly changing electronics and good chance of higher maintenance costs.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have JBL and now I wish I had non-JBL, since the wiring is totally different and much harder to replace with aftermarket stereo.
Also I can live without the Advanced Tech Package without any discomfort. It distracts me more than actually help.
Entune headunit is horroble and Entune with JBL makes no better.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was looking to buy without the tech package as it seemed unnecessary. But every "Limited" on the lots had it. And buying something from the lot inventory is usually cheaper than locating vehicles. So it was probably a wash in the end as far as cost.

Now that I have it and use it I think it's the best thing since sliced bread, and would very much regret if it wasn't there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, it's the main reason I went for the limited! So many times it saved me in tight spot street parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was looking to buy without the tech package as it seemed unnecessary. But every "Limited" on the lots had it. And buying something from the lot inventory is usually cheaper than locating vehicles. So it was probably a wash in the end as far as cost.

Now that I have it and use it I think it's the best thing since sliced bread, and would very much regret if it wasn't there.
Don't know in USA, but in Canada it's 6000$ more to go from XLE to Limited, but in Canada Limited comes by default with birds eye view and JBL. But 6000$ is a lot of money, that's why I ordered the XLE. Still waiting!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Don't know in USA, but in Canada it's 6000$ more to go from XLE to Limited, but Limited comes by default with birdeye view and JBL in Canada. But 6000$ is a lot of money, that's why I ordered the XLE. Still waiting!
Maybe it does now, in 2016 it definitely didn't. Birds eye view and JBL were part of the tech package in 2016. Glad I got a 2016 and didn't get stuck with the jbl system and higher cost.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I elect to do without it when I purchased mine. If space looks too tight, I'd look for another. The cost I figure was too much for the amount of time I'd use it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I do not know if it is important for you, but some of the models with the BEV can't have a hitch installed because of the hand's free tail gate opener...
I live dowtown Quebec city and the back up cam and blind spot detector on my Hybride XLE are plenty to avoid collisions when parking or leaving tights spots..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I myself have the limited with the tech package ,only one that is made in japan out of all the Rav's and absolutely love it along with the JBL SYSTEM that really kicks out the sound quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what the others are talking about but LV it!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I myself have the limited with the tech package ,only one that is made in japan out of all the Rav's and absolutely love it along with the JBL SYSTEM that really kicks out the sound quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what the others are talking about but LV it!
All the RAV4 Hybrid are made in Japan for now. Next generation is suppose to be made in Ontario, Canada. I just ordered a RAV4 Hybrid XLE and it's made in Japan. The VIN starts with "J", which is the country where the car is built.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Bob

Really appreciate the responses, based on so many positive comments, I've decided to include the Advanced Tech Package. Did so mainly to have the Birds Eye feature. Called my dealer this morning and modified my order to include. Yes, its costly, excessively so, but as saying goes..."they'v got me by the birds eye"!!!! So its Blizzard Pearl, Black Interior with Adv Tech Package. Thanks very much for all the great comments....

Bob

1 - 20 of 30 Posts