Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2017 Rav4 Limited HyBrid that has the chrome door handles and the "chrome" wheels. While these wheels look nice, they sure do scratch up / scar easily. I've never had wheels that get chewed up from going through a touchless carwash. Granted, the carwash does have the guide rail, which I know is what caused the rash to occur on my front drivers-side wheel. In talking to the folks at discount tire, it's almost the same price to get the wheel refinished as it would be to just get new wheels, and wheels that are made of a bit better quality. Additionally, I can go with a set of tires that have the rim protector built into the sidewall. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of wheel would look decent and go well with our Rav4. Has anyone else noticed these wheels seem to get torn up super easy?

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I've taken mine thru automatic carwashes a couple times a month for over a year now, no problem with the "Super Chrome" limited wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've taken mine thru automatic carwashes a couple times a month for over a year now, no problem with the "Super Chrome" limited wheels.
Yeah, I didn't have any issues until today when I touched the guide rails as driving into the bay. That did a nice one on the wheel. I was just surprised how easily they can get damaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts