(Lower Front Bumper Valance)

(Front bumper middle grille)

(Front bumper lower grille)

(Front Lower Bumper Absorber)

·
Registered
33 Posts
That looks really good - nice job!

One question... Does the regular "SE" model have silver on the lower portion that juts forward from the honeycomb pattern from the factory? Did you paint this one to make it black all the way across or..?

Again - looks great! Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
This aftermarket piece i put on came like this, no silver trim, which is what i prefer. I plan on doing the upper grille as well as there are aftermarket parts without the silver trim.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would think so... but wouldn’t that look off since the upper and lower grilles would look different? I believe you can also get the honeycomb style lower grille for XLE/adventure style front bumpers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would think so... but wouldn’t that look off since the upper and lower grilles would look different? I believe you can also get the honeycomb style lower grille for XLE/adventure style front bumpers.
Im worried that the lower valance bumper guard of the Adventure might not be compatible with the honeycomb grille from SE...and I like the look of the lower valance bumper guard of the Adventure

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look this product up. Ask the seller if this ome will fit your vehicle. Do remember though that depending on the lower bumper valance, the grille may also be different. Mine protrudes more forward so i need a different lower grille than what you have. But i believe you can find a honeycomb grille that will fit your current lower bumper valance.

Im worried that the lower valance bumper guard of the Adventure might not be compatible with the honeycomb grille from SE...and I like the look of the lower valance bumper guard of the Adventure View attachment 164653

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 LE
31 Posts
Hi @Budoy ,

Thanks for posting this. Can you please confirm if you used OEM or Aftermarket parts?

If OEM, can you please provide the exact part numbers. Otherwise, please provide the links of the exact ones you used.

I'm concerned because a review in one of the parts posted says "3 inches smaller".

I want to turn my 2018 LE front into SE.

Thanks in advance.

Zee

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hi @Budoy ,

Thanks for posting this. Can you please confirm if you used OEM or Aftermarket parts?

If OEM, can you please provide the exact part numbers. Otherwise, please provide the links of the exact ones you used.

I'm concerned because a review in one of the parts posted says "3 inches smaller".

I want to turn my 2018 LE front into SE.

Thanks in advance.

Zee

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 LE
31 Posts

@Budoy Thanks for your expedited response. Quick question, is it your made in Japan or Canada?

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 LE
31 Posts
Japan.Mine’s a 2017 LE
Mine is a 2018 LE made in Canada. I was told that they varies depending on where it is made. I'm not sure what to do now. I read a review that Front Bumper Lower Valance Cover was 3 inches smaller for a user. He did not specify the country of manufacturing but I'm concerned about it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine is a 2018 LE made in Canada. I was told that they varies depending on where it is made. I'm not sure what to do now. I read a review that Front Bumper Lower Valance Cover was 3 inches smaller for a user. He did not specify the country of manufacturing but I'm concerned about it.
The lower bumper valance for the SE model sticks forward quite a bit thus you need the matching lower grille and the front lower bumper absorber to accomodate the new part. Go to toyotaparts.com to see the appropriate parts available. I went the aftermarket route for the upper and lower grille as well as the lower bumper valance but the lower bumper absorber i had to get OEM as there was no aftermarket parts available

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 LE
31 Posts
Im worried that the lower valance bumper guard of the Adventure might not be compatible with the honeycomb grille from SE...and I like the look of the lower valance bumper guard of the Adventure View attachment 164653
It is possible if you use the right lowe grille, you can use the MESH lower grille for 2018 SE which is exactly compatible with your Lower Valance, so you don't need to modify anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts