Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

bought 2017 RAV4 LE AWD two weeks ago , now I want to install the mug flaps myself but could not decide where to get the parts and how to install them.

anyone had done it recently? Please helps...thanks lot.....

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,759 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought mine for my 2015 Rav off Ebay from a Toyota dealership. Got the installation instructions online. Took me about 45 minutes to install them. My dealership wanted $199 to have it done. I did it myself for $60.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the Weathertech no drill mud flaps for my 2016 LE. They come with instructions and mounting hardware. Weathertech has a video on their web page.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,759 Posts
There was no drilling necessary when I installed my OEM Toyota splash guards.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I installed the OEM mud guards on our 2016 which is essentially the same as the 2017, didn't take me long at all and didn't require drilling. Bought them on eBay from East Madison Toyota in Madison, WI. Came in the OEM box unopened, had all mounting hardware, though no instructions but I just used the 4.4 instructions here on the forums (linked above) and it went really well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was buying Weathertech floor liners for the car so I just added the mud flaps to the order. I don't have any experience with the OEM flaps.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mud Flaps Install Is Very Easy

Hi,

bought 2017 RAV4 LE AWD two weeks ago , now I want to install the mug flaps myself but could not decide where to get the parts and how to install them.

anyone had done it recently? Please helps...thanks lot.....

I am not particularly mechanically inclined and I did it in around 30 minutes. The instructions are good and all of the holes and places to put in the screws are either already on the trim or indentations for the self tapping screws. I bought mine from Amazon for $73.00 and used the instructions from this site. I also put on the nice sill protectors (RAV4 Chrome) and got matching door edge guards that matched the paint.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats strange!!! I have mudflaps on all 4 wheels on my 2017 LE AWD, they came new with the vehicle. Is there some other kind from the accessories that can be added? :confused: I think the ones on my vehicle now are perfectly fine.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Thats strange!!! I have mudflaps on all 4 wheels on my 2017 LE AWD, they came new with the vehicle. Is there some other kind from the accessories that can be added? :confused: I think the ones on my vehicle now are perfectly fine.
What's weird is having mudflaps on your wheels! :surprise All four of my OEM mudflaps are mounted in the wheel wells. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
no offense, but it sounded strange when you stated having "mudflaps on all 4 wheels" :D To answer you question not all come with it, my 16 XLE did also with running boards.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
OEM Mudflaps are an accessory included in the protection package or alone, added by the dealer or maybe at the port, or after purchase, they're available from the dealer, Amazon and ebay, If you go thru the build process on the Toyota website, you'll find them in accessories, even the Platinum doesn't come with them, they have to be added. I've always added them myself after purchase on each of my Rav4s, pics in my garage, they're about $70 if you buy them yourself, easy to install.

https://www.toyota.com/configurator/#!/build/step/model/year/2017/series/rav4

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got a set for the wife's 2015. Did you have to remove the wheel to do the install ?

The instructions does not say to remove the wheel. It just looks a little cramped in there otherwise.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts