Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 RAV 4 SE.

Question #1. Recently got my 5k service and a car wash. Two days later I noticed some scratches on my rear window. (Thankfully they were minor and I am assuming from the car hand-wash.) How do you even scratch a window? Have you noticed any scratches on yours? Any thoughts? I took it back to my dealer service and they are going to replace it out of goodwill. Am I going to have any noise issues or loose parts for replacing windows? Do I even bother replacing it since it is just minor? (I tried taking a pic but it won't show up)

Question #2. I also wanted to put some stickers on my windows but since it seems that they get scratched pretty easily I am worry that when I remove those stickers with a blade I might damage my windows. Any advice? Have you removed stickers from a similar model before? (These latest models have sunshade built into the glass.)

Question 3# (Yes, I just got this car back in February and running into all kinds of situations, wish I have gotten a used Jeep Wrangler or Safari.)
Recently, a motorcycle lost control at a turn and hit my left passenger rim. I am hoping that was all he hit, cuz I heard the loud bang and it shook my car. (His bike's dashboard was cracked and he took off…) Luckily I have minor scratches on the rim, see pic.

Does AWD get their alignment off easily? I have 250 deductible and it probably won’t cost more than 500 to fix my minor damages so I am thinking about not even reporting it to my insurance. Any advice?

·
Registered
428 Posts
How do you scratch a window? Sand...stuck on automated car wash brush from previous vehicle.

My girlfriend bought a brand new Subaru Crosstrek in black, and she keeps getting minor scratches on her doors I've rubbed out a few times. Finally she confessed to using a car wash a few times and clearly that is the cause. I haven't used a automatic car wash in over 30 years, and wont be. I also tell service to NOT wash my car as well.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
How do you scratch a window? Sand...stuck on automated car wash brush from previous vehicle.

My girlfriend bought a brand new Subaru Crosstrek in black, and she keeps getting minor scratches on her doors I've rubbed out a few times. Finally she confessed to using a car wash a few times and clearly that is the cause. I haven't used a automatic car wash in over 30 years, and wont be. I also tell service to NOT wash my car as well.
I buffed out a friends black BMW Z4, it was in pristine condition after that, paint was flawless! he comes back after a couple of weeks because of a scratch on the fender, the whole car was covered with swirl marks... my jaw dropped, "must of been the dealers free wash or maybe the place my wife took the car to get washed"... no kidding :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your right about the automatic car washes, whenever I buy a new car I'm like you, I do not want the dealer to any more than they have to. I will wash it when I get it home. I want to be the first one to wash it really good because it give the chance to go over the vehicle and get to know a little more about it. Call me crazy but that is what I do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts