Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty good video review of the 2017 RAV4, showing the changes from earlier models:

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
Got half way thru it until he said it was SLOW! :frown

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is the 2018 model going to be the all-new model?
That's what I have read.

I will be looking to upgrade from my 2013 in the next few years. Was tempted by the 2017 when I read that the 2018 should be a total refresh year. I'm hoping that they pick up on some of the Lexus NX styling cues.

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
846 Posts
A whole new platform that's selling like hot cakes after only 4 years?

The last one was around for 6 years, 2006–2012.
Hmmm. Maybe you are right in that the newer global platform was just launched and 2018 is too soon to come up with an all new model.

Forbes Welcome
The 2016 Prius is the first Toyota product to ride on “Toyota’s New Global Architecture” (TNGA) platform, which will underpin much of the automaker’s global product going forward.

2017 is actually the fifth year.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
I haven't driven a 2017 RAV but this review seems to be balanced and even mostly positive. Should be a big plus for RAV lovers!

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Seems our guess for either production year 2018 or 19 aligns with theirs.

So your googling although more precise is still imprecise. :)

It's better than an interweb post from someone that says "I heard" or "I read" yada yada without including a reference or source. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hmmm. Maybe you are right in that the newer global platform was just launched and 2018 is too soon to come up with an all new model.

Forbes Welcome
The 2016 Prius is the first Toyota product to ride on “Toyota’s New Global Architecture” (TNGA) platform, which will underpin much of the automaker’s global product going forward.

2017 is actually the fifth year.
It's better than an interweb post from someone that says "I heard" or "I read" yada yada without including a reference or source. :rolleyes:
I think you are giving yourself too much credit for something I and others already posted.

6 year product cycle as others mentioned for the 3rd gen with the 2016 Prius being the first on the new platform. :). 2017 is not the all new model so with half a brain, anyone knows it will be 2018 or 19. If it is not officially from Toyota, then it is hearsay or a conjecture.

Don't just randomly select a post but read through the thread before you suggest I didn't already know about what you posted.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
I think you are giving yourself too much credit for something I and others already posted.

6 year product cycle as others mentioned for the 3rd gen with the 2016 Prius being the first on the new platform. :). 2017 is not the all new model so with half a brain, anyone knows it will be 2018 or 19. If it is not officially from Toyota, then it is hearsay or a conjecture.

Don't just randomly select a post but read through the thread before you suggest I didn't already know about what you posted.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just in general what is the norm, seldom do people give sources, I always do if possible. As an admin on an outdoor forum for the last 10yrs, out of habit I always read every reply before I reply. But being an old guy, sometimes I do forget what I read on older discussions. :doh:

·
Registered
846 Posts
I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just in general what is the norm, seldom do people give sources, I always do if possible. As an admin on an outdoor forum for the last 10yrs, out of habit I always read every reply before I reply. But being an old guy, sometimes I do forget what I read on older discussions. :doh:
I see. Maybe leaving me out of the quotations can reduce any misunderstandings. :)

Don't get me wrong, you have been helpful with many of your posts but I don't like being singled on and being shown as lazy and ignorant.

I do read threads usually from beginning to end especially when trying to gather useful info but I am not going to fix previous posts just to make them complete and perfect.

·
Registered
428 Posts
2017 is pretty much same as 2016 other than standard options more available on 2017 from what I can tell. I took advantage of better financing and pricing on end of model year and got 2016.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts