Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently began to notice a high pitched whine at 50-60 MPH when taking my foot off the gas. I have read about it occurring in earlier years but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced it in the 2017 model? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks J-Roc! Did you end up having your transmission replaced and did it help? I am always leary about having transmission repair / replacement done. Don't think the dealers are as skilled as factory techs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ultimately, this is truly frustrating! Toyota knows they have a problem but refuse to acknowledge it. It really leaves me feeling like i was tricked into buying the Rav4. People are putting out their hard earned money and Toyota just pushes their complaints aside. I am going to file a case with the DOT about this!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks J-Roc! Did you end up having your transmission replaced and did it help? I am always leary about having transmission repair / replacement done. Don't think the dealers are as skilled as factory techs.

I have not had them do it yet, figured I'd "break it in" first and see if it gets better/worse.
I am also not a big fan of ripping my brand new vehicle apart to replace the transmission for that exact reason.

Service guy said you have a 5 year warr. on it, bring it in anytime within the 5 years and we will replace it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ultimately, this is truly frustrating! Toyota knows they have a problem but refuse to acknowledge it. It really leaves me feeling like i was tricked into buying the Rav4. People are putting out their hard earned money and Toyota just pushes their complaints aside. I am going to file a case with the DOT about this!

Rock on brother! Good idea.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts

The DOT generally deals only with safety related issues. Maybe there is a class action lawsuit about the transmission whine issue which one can join, if Toyota and the dealer will not sort out the problem. If the RAV in question is still covered under the powertrain warranty one would think that the issue should be taken care of under its provisions. The FTC has jurisdiction over warranties with some help at this site: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0252-warranties

1 - 7 of 7 Posts