Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Members,

I am in market for 2017 or 2018 Rav4 XLE or Limited for my father.If it is XLE he need convenient package along with power lift gate.I am having below questions can some of the members can help me answer below questions

1)Is there any major changes between 2017 vs 2018 Rav4
2)Only major difference I noticed between XLE &Limited is Softex & convenient feature is standard in Limited
3)I see rav4 doesn't have rear vents do you see any issues with cooling or heating for rear passengers
4)He is am coming from 2007 Camry XLE do you recommend any other vehicles other than Rav4 Hybrid.He drive 15 Miles everyday so do you think hybrid will help him in long run.His commute consists of 7-8 miles of initial stop & go traffic with speed limit of 50mph,4-5Miles of express ways & remaining of local streets
5)How reliable are 2017 or 2018 Rav4 Hybrid
6)How was performance in snow
7)Do we have any road noise
8)How is ride quality(He prefers smooth suspension compared to sports suspension)

He test drove CX5 & felt it is cramped for rear passenger.Did not consider CRV for oil dilution issues &New Rav4 for tank filling issues & read check engine light in cold weather.

Sorry for too many questions.Just want to make sure I talk to other members before making the call

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Some other differences from xle to limited are LED head and tail lights, larger wheels, larger touchscreen(and the omission of the CD player). I think the hybrid will certainly be beneficial in those driving circumstances. Even on the hiway with the engine running all the time, the Atkinson engine is more efficient than the standard gas model. the Toyota hybrids are more reliable than gas only for the most part. Most engine accessories are powered by the traction battery so less pulleys and belts to wear. Simpler transmission, less engine wear Etc. Performance for me in snow has been fine in mid Canada. They are not the most quiet vehicle out there nor have the best ride. The cx5 certainly rides better.
Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Some other differences from xle to limited are LED head and tail lights, larger wheels, larger touchscreen(and the omission of the CD player). I think the hybrid will certainly be beneficial in those driving circumstances. Even on the hiway with the engine running all the time, the Atkinson engine is more efficient than the standard gas model. the Toyota hybrids are more reliable than gas only for the most part. Most engine accessories are powered by the traction battery so less pulleys and belts to wear. Simpler transmission, less engine wear Etc. Performance for me in snow has been fine in mid Canada. They are not the most quiet vehicle out there nor have the best ride. The cx5 certainly rides better.
Hope this helps some.
Thank you very much for response.We liked CX5 too but only concern is rear passenger leg room

1 - 6 of 6 Posts