Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I can?t seem to figure it out and I just moved, have misplaced my owner?s manual and this is driving me crazy. It seems that my passenger side fan is always on, and I?m determining this based on the fact that there is permanently and icon of a person with arrows pointing at them on the passenger side of the climate control screen. Even when I shut the A/C off completely, that icon remains and I feel a slight amount of air blowing through all of the vents. Can anyone advise? Thank you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have no clue on that but I believe you can download a pdf of your manual from Toyota. Might find some answers there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
In my 2015 even if the fan/heat/A/C is off there is always a small amount of air coming in to the cabin. This is normal with newer vehicles. The arrows pointing to where just indicate where the air is directed to blow. Mine is usually set to blow towards the feet.

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
It's been that way for over a decade. Air must continually be exchanged inside the car so the fan never turns off while the car is running. Where it comes out depends on where you have it set to....dash, feet, left, right, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cannot say for sure but there was a discussion in the late sixties about CO deaths in cars and vehicles in the seventies started to have blower motors that ran to provide positive air pressure in the cabin to prevent CO entering. I think it became mandatory in the U.S. in the seventies but don't know for sure. This is the only article I could quickly find on the subject:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1530487/pdf/amjph00733-0027.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts