Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any difference in the procedure between gas and hybrid? I'm aware that you should move the key fobs to the next county and not open the vehicle door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any difference in the procedure between gas and hybrid? I'm aware that you should move the key fobs to the next county and not open the vehicle door.
Did you ever replace your brakes. I'm considering this, but there aren't any Youtube videos other than 1 guy doing a Prius and he said Don't Mess with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, replaced front pads on a Gen 2 (2007) Prius. As mentioned, it's quite conventional save for the aforementioned cautions. Keys need to be far removed from the car least their proximity trigger the brake system pressurizing pump, which will then blow the pistons out of the calipers. Opening a door (not sure if just the driver's door, or any door) will cause the same. Never got around to this on our Gen 3 Prius and now we've replaced that with the Rav4 Hybrid. Thus my question.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Keys need to be far removed from the car least their proximity trigger the brake system pressurizing pump, which will then blow the pistons out of the calipers. Opening a door (not sure if just the driver's door, or any door) will cause the same.
Electricians that don't want to get electrocuted de-energize the circuit before working on it. Hiding fobs and not opening the doors would be akin to planning not to touch any things that are energized. :oops:

It would seem prudent to do the same in this case and disconnect the 12V lead acid battery to lower the risk of blowing caliper piston out to near 0%. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh God, and have to go through setting the radio presets all over again! Most electricians I've observed seem to glory in hot wiring things. However, you're right. That's how it should be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts