Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Trying to decide between Hybrid SE and Limited. Looked at the specs and was surprised to see that SE have ground clearance of 7.4 vs 7.0 on Limited and XLE.
Whats up with that?
Here is the link to the e-brosure:
toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2018/rav4_ebrochure.pdf

The other thought is - seem like hybrid is more capable than new adventure model (ground clearance, range, hp). They should have made Hybrid Adventure trim - I would go for it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The main difference between the Hybrid and non-hybrid is the ability to lock the differential for true awd capability. The hybrid may have better ground clearance but the AWD-i system will never be able to tackle extremely rugged conditions like the non-hybrid version. AWD-i is great for most winter situations from my experience. I suspect there isn't an Adventure Hybrid as fuel economy would take a hit.

I absolutely love my SE hybrid. My last car was 2015 Limited non-hybrid and it was nowhere near as smooth and quiet and the hybrid. Ground clearance hasn't been an issue for either car and we get deep snow where I live.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi all,
Trying to decide between Hybrid SE and Limited. Looked at the specs and was surprised to see that SE have ground clearance of 7.4 vs 7.0 on Limited and XLE.
Whats up with that?
Here is the link to the e-brosure:
toyota.com/content/ebrochure/2018/rav4_ebrochure.pdf

The other thought is - seem like hybrid is more capable than new adventure model (ground clearance, range, hp). They should have made Hybrid Adventure trim - I would go for it.
Didn’t know SE was higher but keep in mind that you cannot tow with SE version. It would be a no go in my situation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think possibly what you saw was a typo. I think the ground clearance is the same on all Hybrids and if I am mistaken, I doubt less than a half inch of clearance would make much difference. ��

·
Registered
234 Posts
7.4" could be a typo, wouldn't be the first, it's 7" in the 2017 ebrochure, same as the other HV models.

http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/brochures/toyota/2017-rav4.pdf
But the overall heigh is also higher, so I’m not sure anymore that it is a typo. Is it possible that the different suspension makes it higher than other Hybrids? It’s weird because I thought that the SE was sportier, and beeing higher is a little bit contradictory.

The SE «gas only» version has the same heigh so maybe it would make sense that the suspension is higher

By the way, 2017 brochure says the same thing

·
Registered
330 Posts
Appears that the SE Hybrid suspension gives you the extra .4 inch in ride height. It is interesting that the ride height ranges from 6.1, 6.5, 7 and 7.4.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts