Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a new car, but I can't help but notice the road and engine noise.

And yes, I test drove the vehicle before I bought it. However, I didn't realize that it was rather loud at first since I drove a 1998 Corolla, so anything was quieter than that.

I have a limited budget right now and thus can only buy 72 square feet worth of dynamat. Thus, I was wondering where would be good places to put it? I was thinking doors and trunk wheel wells, but would there be any other places that would be better?

Also people that tried sound dampening on similar models, what was your experience with the dampening effect?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Funny that you mention this, because I just bought a 2018 RAV4 Platinum on Saturday, and I was amazed at how quiet the cabin was!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's possible, I guess. All I know is that cabin is QUIET! I know how you feel, though: my 2007 Camry SE was noisy in the cabin, and it drove me nuts, especially on long road trips of 100 miles or more.

·
Premium Member
8,104 Posts
Torque did his '16 HV, same cabin as an '18. There are less expensive better sound deadeners, I used Second Skin Pro on my hood, Noico costs less and is thicker than Dynamat, Sunken used Noico on his '19.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a theory that whatever materials are used in keeping the cabin quiet degrade over time, because I seem to remember there was a time when my old Camry wasn't that noisy, but near the end, it was quite loud, especially on the highway, and textured roads like cobblestone or certain pavements were intolerable!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts