Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota was really late to the game with a subcompact crossover and jealous that its arch nemesis Honda has its HR-V, it recently came out with the sharp-looking C-HR, which was supposed to be a Scion.

And everyone knows the Toyota-Honda rivalry is as natural as pie versus cake, so of course we had to compare them to see which one is the better subcompact crossover.

Right away, the Toyota wins in the style department. I appreciate the way it looks — it’s funky and different without being too weird. (I also love the Nissan Juke, though, so maybe my tastes are questionable.) The HR-V, on the other hand, simply looks like like a bean — it’s quite dorky and can easily be mistaken for any other subcompact crossover. It’s just very generic, so I give Toyotamad points for standing out and doing something different.
Read more about the 2018 Toyota C-HR vs 2017 Honda HR-V Comparison at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
I wouldn't buy either of them. And the Toyota C-HR sold in the U.S. is a great disappointment compared with the same vehicle being sold in European markets - most of the European choices and standard equipment have been eliminated for the U.S. market. Styling alone doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am considering CH-R for my daughter, probably in the few month or so.
@Blogson - What standard equipment was removed? I didn`t do much research yet :)

·
Registered
8,530 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was also interested... until I saw 144hp. :|

Come on Toyota, you could have put the 2.5L motor from the current RAV4 in the C-HR, even as an option.

Also could have put a FWD variant of the 8ARFTS 2.0L Turbo Motor and hit a different market with a sports version... look at Honda with their Civic Turbo and Type-R, they're going to rip Toyota a new hole with sales with these cars alone, you're only appealing to the nana and pops market with your low hp Corollas when the Civic is hitting the younger market with what they want, more power and fun cars to drive.

so in short...

8ARFTS Detuned + Corolla/iM = Corolla XRS (Civic Turbo competition)
8ARFTS Tuned + Corolla/iM = Corolla GTS (Type-R fighter)
2ARFE + C-HR + Optional Manual transmission = Cooler car to fill the void between Corolla and RAV4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts