Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this 2019 hybrid not long ago in Canada, and was frustrated with the gas tank only fills up to 2/3 of its capacity.
Called Toyota Canada for a case number as suggested by others in the forum, and “chatted” with the service for almost an hour to persuade the guy that this car has problem. (I was told that Hybrid needs more gas to get the car running in case of running out of gas, which is full of BS just to make you stop bothering them. There’s no way a car has almost 20L of reserve tank)
Finally they took in the car, and I was told they chatted with Toyota Canada, and the HQ suggested a gas tank change, so I waited two weeks for the part.
I was able to fill only 38L out of 55L gas tank when the car is at empty 0km. After the change I was able to fill up to 48L, and was able to get almost 150km extra range. A gas tank change does fix the problem (Weather is cold atm, would get more when it’s warmer)
I hope everyone who experiences the same issue can get a fix from the dealer, and let them take it seriously. This should be an official recall and Toyota should admit that they made a big mistake here, and not leave people frustrated like this, very upset about this.
Good luck everyone, hope this help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
how many fill-ups have you done since the new tank? i think the "new tank" fix was tried before without success.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far two refills, filled when dash says empty at 0km. Filled up to 48L
Didn’t expect it will get fix at first, but it turns out acceptable. Usually car only keeps 3-5L of reserve (1-1.5gallon approx)
But I can live with 7L (2 gallon)reserve as Toyota tends to be conservative on the reserve

·
Registered
73 Posts
Didn’t expect it will get fix at first, but it turns out acceptable. Usually car only keeps 3-5L of reserve (1-1.5gallon approx)
But I can live with 7L (2 gallon)reserve as Toyota tends to be conservative on the reserve
so 48L=12.68 gallons, if this is the fix supposed coming January, we are all good then!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
so 48L=12.68 gallons, if this is the fix supposed coming January, we are all good then!
Don’t know where this whole fix in January idea started but I’d be amazed if an official “fix” is coming at all, let alone in January. I was told months ago by my Toyota Corp caseworker (who I haven’t heard a word from in many months) that there might be a fix and it might be sometime next spring. That’s about as vague as it gets.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I sincerely hope that this resolves the problem for you. For some, the filling problem seemed to have developed after the first few fill-ups. My first two fill-ups were fine. The third...not so much. Maybe the new tank that they installed for you has been reengineered? Or was the original tank design used? Again, I'm hoping for the best.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I sincerely hope that this resolves the problem for you. For some, the filling problem seemed to have developed after the first few fill-ups. My first two fill-ups were fine. The third...not so much. Maybe the new tank that they installed for you has been reengineered? Or was the original tank design used? Again, I'm hoping for the best.
Same exact scenario here. Gauge read full for about 3 fill ups even though I only put in 9 or 10 gallons - then started developing the problems. I too, hope your tank change fixes your problem.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Don’t know where this whole fix in January idea started but I’d be amazed if an official “fix” is coming at all, let alone in January. I was told months ago by my Toyota Corp caseworker (who I haven’t heard a word from in many months) that there might be a fix and it might be sometime next spring. That’s about as vague as it gets.
Spend a week reading every post on topic. It's in there somewhere based on a statement from a Toyota employee but not from the top and not official. l am not good at predicting the future, so I'll just wait and see.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Spend a week reading every post on topic. It's in there somewhere based on a statement from a Toyota employee but not from the top and not official. l am not good at predicting the future, so I'll just wait and see.
It’s a photo of a Toyota written statement to an owner.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It’s a photo of a Toyota written statement to an owner.
:D, which, when combined with a picture of Alexander Hamilton on a (mostly) green piece of paper with the number '10' in all four corners will get you a fancy cup of coffee at any location sporting a Barista or three. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts