Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It's weird that the 2019 LE model headlight switch doesn't have the auto mode. It has headlight beam, parking, drl, off. Does this mean I need to manually turn on the headlight at night? Can't believe for this 2019 car. Even my 2006 Camry has the auto headlight mode.

Registered
It's weird that the 2019 LE model headlight switch doesn't have the auto mode. It has headlight beam, parking, drl, off. Does this mean I need to manually turn on the headlight at night? Can't believe for this 2019 car. Even my 2006 Camry has the auto headlight mode.
I just checked over the specs for U.S. models vs. Canadian models and it looks like for Canada, automatic headlights are standard on all trims (including the LE), while in the U.S. it's standard only from XLE and up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I am so disappointed that they did not include such a useful feature in today's car. This is so inconvenient.

Registered
I am so disappointed that they did not include such a useful feature in today's car. This is so inconvenient.
Those little things are what they use to up-sell you to a different model.

I鈥檝e owned dozens of cars of many different makes and years and the 2019 is the first one that had auto headlights. When you buy the lowest trim of any model you have to expect to not get all the bells and whistles.

Thanks,
Frank

Registered
Yeah I noticed that and other 鈥渟implifications鈥 before I bought my LE and made a conscious decision that it was fine with me if I could save money.
-no auto lights
-keyed ignition
-no auto door lock/unlock
-no auto rear door open/close

Registered
Honestly, you have to expect a few compromises when you're buying the base model. I'm actually glad Toyota decided to not put auto headlights (which is a convenience feature) on the LE, but chose to provide Safety Sense 2.0 features standard on all trim levels.

Registered
I agree. What I ended up doing is that I leave it at DRL when I shut off the car. It would not buzz. And at night, I would turn it to headlight.

Registered
I鈥檝e gotten quite used to turning my lights on manually again. I grew up being able to do so and it isn鈥檛 a bother to me, especially since it does have the Auto Dim function.

Registered
Didn鈥檛 know this. Was seriously considering a LE but this is a dealbreaker. Glad I went with the XLE
It all depends on how much money you feel turning your headlights on by yourself is worth to you. There are other compromises of course. Some that I wish I hadn鈥檛 made but none were deal breakers.

Registered
It all depends on how much money you feel turning your headlights on by yourself is worth to you. There are other compromises of course. Some that I wish I hadn鈥檛 made but none were deal breakers.
I think the main problem is my 2003 had Auto headlights, so it would have been a step backwards in that regard.

Registered
what were the other compromises you wish you didnt make?

Registered
I think the other big compromise in the LE is no smart key, fog lamps, and base headlights. I would happily deal with the no sunroof. I wish the XLE didn't come standard with a sunroof to be honest.

Registered
what were the other compromises you wish you didnt make?
Auto door locks are very convenient. Our Prius has this and it is a much quicker/easier system. Power tailgate would be nice. I really don鈥檛 miss push button ignition but it is a bit more 鈥渨ork鈥 to fish my key fob out to start the car.

Registered
I think the other big compromise in the LE is no smart key, fog lamps, and base headlights. I would happily deal with the no sunroof. I wish the XLE didn't come standard with a sunroof to be honest.
I rarely ever used the fog lamps I鈥檝e had on other cars (same with the sunroof) and the base headlights are great IMO.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
I personally do not like the smart key. I would rather have the physical key. But no auto headlight is a pain.

Registered
The auto headlights will save you a small amount on insurance. Probably not much, but its a box that gets checked for discount.

LE also lacks blind spot monitor and cross traffic alert (also small savings on insurance)

LE also has hubcaps. Who know how much those cost to replace when you loose one.

Its a shame, as most manufacturers now include this even on their lowest level models.

Registered
The auto headlights will save you a small amount on insurance. Probably not much, but its a box that gets checked for discount.

LE also lacks blind spot monitor and cross traffic alert (also small savings on insurance)

LE also has hubcaps. Who know how much those cost to replace when you loose one.

Its a shame, as most manufacturers now include this even on their lowest level models.
the LE hybrid is a much better value than the LE gas. You get

Rear Airvents
Real wheels, not hub caps
hood insulator

the first one is reason enough to go hybrid over gas LE

Registered

My LE hybrid (which I bought straight off the lot) came with BSM and mud flaps as options. Cross Traffic Alert and alloy wheels came standard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts