Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2019 base trunk is not latching. With not 39K on it appears we need a new part. Is this warranteed? Now it just beeps as it goes down the road

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,539 Posts
My wife's 2019 base trunk is not latching. With not 39K on it appears we need a new part. Is this warranteed? Now it just beeps as it goes down the road
The rear hatch? If you are still in the warranty time and mileage (3 years, 36000 miles), the dealer will repair it for free.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Contact your local dealer to see if you are still within the warranty time. Keep in mind that if any damage to the vehicle that prevented the hatch from closing all the way is not covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,539 Posts
Contact your local dealer to see if you are still within the warranty time. Keep in mind that if any damage to the vehicle that prevented the hatch from closing all the way is not covered under warranty.
If you are out of warranty, you might be able to fix it yourself. Perhaps the lock mechanism is stuck; try some lubricant such as WD-40 on it. Also, I've seen the mechanism get into the lock position when the door is open; try using a screw driver to move the lock cam while you press the unlock button.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts