Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
In my case the price increase on the 2020 Limited Hybrid amounted to only $200, since I was already planning on getting Premium Audio on the 2019, and that's now standard in the 2020 Limited and represents most of the price increase. And I would say the increased coverage of the hybrid system to 10 years or 150,000 miles is worth the rest of the difference to me.
I discussed with my wife and, we are going to wait a bit to get the 2020 xse hybrid. This would be a bit nicer as the increase is not by much, and the overall return be "possibly" better. It's just around the corner...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We've decided to wait for a 2020 MY, as it's just around the corner and, feel it be worth the negligible price increase; considering the added standards and, hopefully resolved some issues. Some dealers seem to be advertising already and have incoming inventory... the XSE blizzard white/ black Is what my wife would like. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
We've decided to wait for a 2020 MY, as it's just around the corner and, feel it be worth the negligible price increase; considering the added standards and, hopefully resolved some issues. Some dealers seem to be advertising already and have incoming inventory... the XSE blizzard white/ black Is what my wife would like. Thanks everyone!
They arrive late Nov early Dec

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
In my case the price increase on the 2020 Limited Hybrid amounted to only $200, since I was already planning on getting Premium Audio on the 2019, and that's now standard in the 2020 Limited and represents most of the price increase. And I would say the increased coverage of the hybrid system to 10 years or 150,000 miles is worth the rest of the difference to me.
I notice on the site, it does not mention premium audio as standard, rather extra.
Also, what your talking about... is it just for limited edition?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
So basically the MY2020 has no confirmed updated except $200 increase...

2020 RAV4 XLE Premium
Base price: $30,970
With AWD: $32,370
XLE Premium trim also gets a $200 boost for 2020, but there aren’t any changes. You can opt up for nicer offerings from Limited or XSE trims, like the 7.0-inch instrument cluster display or JBL sound system.

Opt simply means you have to pay for any extra packages... i.g weather, tech....

However, another creditable site mentioned:

2020 RAV4 XSE Hybrid
Hybrid base price with AWD: $35,170
The XSE trim offered only on the Hybrid gets a $200 price bump for 2020. It has a more sport-tuned suspension and the 7.0-inch digital instrument cluster display is standard

So either or.... the $200 increase is not much of things tackled it seems. However, could be worth the updates for the suspension components. I know Lexus O.E shocks tend to go out rather quick, so maybe this is an improvement for that. the bigger and "Digital" center instrument cluster is probably a big tablet you are paying for... either way, hope its more refined... However, as most stated and seeing the demand.... 19 or 20 will both be fine at this point, and lower pricing for the 19.

My dealer just notified me they can get it some from another dealer of theres, so I will go see it soon and hopefully be able to deal one home :) Thank you all~

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just because the 2020s are coming in Nov doesn't mean you will get one. Long wait for the 2019s which will get rolled over. My dealer told me the wait time is roughly 6 months now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just because the 2020s are coming in Nov doesn't mean you will get one. Long wait for the 2019s which will get rolled over. My dealer told me the wait time is roughly 6 months now.
I suspect you are referring to the 2020.
However, 2019 is available just have to find inventory; which there are some available in what my wife would like.
I'll be going to see a white one later today, if all deals well - I anticipate to adda 1st rav4 hybrid to the family.... Thank you all~

·
Registered
130 Posts
I hope to be picking up my 2020 XSE here in Canada next week... The dealer seems confident about this date. I think a lot depends on the dealers allocation and what they have been committed for production. I have a temp VIN and a document that shows it was in production last week and ETA of next week. Will keep you posted

·
Registered
263 Posts
I suspect you are referring to the 2020.
However, 2019 is available just have to find inventory; which there are some available in what my wife would like.
I'll be going to see a white one later today, if all deals well - I anticipate to adda 1st rav4 hybrid to the family.... Thank you all~
2019 is available, but there is no inventory. That is why there is a wait list in most places. 3-6 month wait in Vancouver. So 2019 orders are getting pushed to 2020. You can't expect to just walk to a dealer and pick one up. If you do, consider yourself extremely lucky and dont expect to be able to push on pricing too much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just pulled trigger on a 2020 XLE Hybrid, White, with all three packages, grey interior, plus LED fog lights and All Weather mats, $33,500 Out The Door 😀. They are going to try to get another dealer’s allotment or will order one. $500 deposit. ETA three weeks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The MSRP for the 20s may have gone up by just $200 but the actual purchase price for a 19 at the end of the model year compared to the price of the 20s at the beginning of the model year will likely be fairly sigificant.
Our experience in the DC metro area was that dealers were very willing to deal at the end of the month (September) at the end of the 2019 model year on both the XSE and Limited trims that we were considering. We purchased my wife's XSE for just a hair over invoice. I doubt you will find those kinds of deals on a 20.
wdrx02, we paid $38000 OTD for a 19 Silver XSE Hybrid with Technology, Weather and Panoramic Sunroof + all weather mat kit. I don't know where you are located but my experience is that deals can be had even on the hot XSE model. BTW there is already a whole thread on prices paid waiting for you to read.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I understand now... So limited get the JBL Premium audio as standard in 2020.
However, I don't believe it makes up the whole pie of the $200 increase.

There is a 7in. digitaul instrument cluster (not the once in the center where the radio is. Also,XSE has a sport tuned suspension (not sure for limted). Android, if I recall, it is already on the 2019? The main and most useful thing to have, is the properly calibrated fuel readin:either guage, tank or sensors.

Either way, $200 increase for all that is a reasonable price adj.

I am going to recommend my wife waiting it out for a 2020 MY XSE Hybrid.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I live in Hawaii and had no choice but to special order the XSE and wanted the 2020 in magnetic grey so decided to wait back in May 2019. Dealer has never even had the XSE or any other Hybrid models on the lot so I was never able to even look at one until today! I'm visiting Massachusetts and every Toyota dealer I've passed here has them but not many. I was able to go today and asked if I could look at the XSE. They had 3 of them in silver. What a beautiful car inside and out. So happy with my choice to buy one. Now I'm even more excited to get mine! Won't be until late January though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I live in Hawaii and had no choice but to special order the XSE and wanted the 2020 in magnetic grey so decided to wait back in May 2019. Dealer has never even had the XSE or any other Hybrid models on the lot so I was never able to even look at one until today! I'm visiting Massachusetts and every Toyota dealer I've passed here has them but not many. I was able to go today and asked if I could look at the XSE. They had 3 of them in silver. What a beautiful car inside and out. So happy with my choice to buy one. Now I'm even more excited to get mine! Won't be until late January though.
Congratulations! I am hoping to find a 19 XSE in Blizzard white/black top for my wife.
May I ask what your OTD was?

Also, anyone know if most of the gas issues were makes from: Plant Information: Toyota Motor Corp., TAKAOKA, JAPAN?

Seeing a 2019 one based on VIN and, decoded to be from...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congratulations! I am hoping to find a 19 XSE in Blizzard white/black top for my wife.
May I ask what your OTD was?

Also, anyone know if most of the gas issues were makes from: Plant Information: Toyota Motor Corp., TAKAOKA, JAPAN?

Seeing a 2019 one based on VIN and, decoded to be from...
I actually haven't gotten a price yet. My options were to order it without pricing and get it sooner, or wait for pricing (Dec?) And wait much longer. I only have one dealer to work with on the island so my choices were pretty slim.
Dealer did assure me there would be no dealer markup and also said I could use Costco pricing once available.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I actually haven't gotten a price yet. My options were to order it without pricing and get it sooner, or wait for pricing (Dec?) And wait much longer. I only have one dealer to work with on the island so my choices were pretty slim.
Dealer did assure me there would be no dealer markup and also said I could use Costco pricing once available.
Keep us updated. Like to hear about your experience and hoping you get what you like without paying over MSRP, if so... very reasonable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Keep us updated. Like to hear about your experience and hoping you get what you like without paying over MSRP, if so... very reasonable.
Oh most definitely will thanks! I can't wait it seems to be a great car based upon everyone's great feedback on this forum. I hope you get yours as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife is shopping for a two tone 2019 XSE hybrid.
We went to a Toyota dealer, and I got a quote for a 2019 hybrid XSE in blizzard white/black top:

$35,276
I will be doing a trade-in

Simple question, should we get 2019 or wait for 2020?

Any issues with 2019 hybrid?
I have 2019 no problem with gas tank or anything else. Had to return to Toyota to get autolocks to work when in gear but they did that first time.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts