Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
New to the Rav4world! So i wanted to offer some information in regards to the roof leak situation that i have seen posted here and other sites as well. This happened to me recently (January 2021.) I noticed stains and did some research and found out this is a somehwehat issue with other owners. Immediately took it into dealership. This is mainly due to the sealing with the crossbars form what they explained to me. Water is leaking through this because it is not sealed properly. The result: dealership replaced entire headliner and cross bar bolts at no cost due to warranty. They dealership told me this is a known problem but nothing they plan on recalling. The weird part; the dealership did not provide me or have me sign any paperwork work on this issue and simply let the service desk pick up my car and leave. No documentation of them fixing anything other then word of mouth?? Does anyone find this odd? Nonetheless the issue appears to be fixed and i recommend anyone having this issue take it in as it should be covered under warrant!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Of course this seems "odd". I would have insisted that I be provided with a copy of the invoice.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
1,309 Posts
It’s probably documented under warranty and tied to your VIN at the dealer level, meaning any dealer in the future that pulls up your VIN will see what work was done and when. Now saying that, if pulling up the VIN brings up nothing, THAT would be weird to me.

It’s possible they just forgot to give it to you, and nor should you have to ask for it, but human error happens. Call and request it “for your records”.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s probably documented under warranty and tied to your VIN at the dealer level, meaning any dealer in the future that pulls up your VIN will see what work was done and when. Now saying that, if pulling up the VIN brings up nothing, THAT would be weird to me.

It’s possible they just forgot to give it to you, and nor should you have to ask for it, but human error happens. Call and request it “for your records”.
This is something i may consider doing. This not something they simply forgot. When i went to checkout there was a note left for the desk personnel-from my service supervisor- that stated there was nothing for me to sign and they don’t need anything from me and to simply pick my my vehicle and get on my way. I think i will call them to see what is on record..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is something i may consider doing. This not something they simply forgot. When i went to checkout there was a note left for the desk personnel-from my service supervisor- that stated there was nothing for me to sign and they don’t need anything from me and to simply pick my my vehicle and get on my way. I think i will call them to see what is on record..
They also had my car for 2 days..

·
Registered
883 Posts
So now that you mention it - I had my seat fixed under warranty very early on (they replaced the seat back because the motor was noisy). I didn't get an receipt. I know because I scan all those. Maybe its a Toyota thing. You could ask your dealer to print you a copy of your complete service history?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So now that you mention it - I had my seat fixed under warranty very early on (they replaced the seat back because the motor was noisy). I didn't get an receipt. I know because I scan all those. Maybe its a Toyota thing. You could ask your dealer to print you a copy of your complete service history?
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2019 XSE
1,278 Posts
Hello Everyone,
New to the Rav4world! So i wanted to offer some information in regards to the roof leak situation that i have seen posted here and other sites as well. This happened to me recently (January 2021.) I noticed stains and did some research and found out this is a somehwehat issue with other owners. Immediately took it into dealership. This is mainly due to the sealing with the crossbars form what they explained to me. Water is leaking through this because it is not sealed properly. The result: dealership replaced entire headliner and cross bar bolts at no cost due to warranty. They dealership told me this is a known problem but nothing they plan on recalling. The weird part; the dealership did not provide me or have me sign any paperwork work on this issue and simply let the service desk pick up my car and leave. No documentation of them fixing anything other then word of mouth?? Does anyone find this odd? Nonetheless the issue appears to be fixed and i recommend anyone having this issue take it in as it should be covered under warrant!
Perhaps create an account at Toyota Owners and see if the dealer entered it into the system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts