Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about or replaced the stock exhaust tips or replaced the muffler? At the least replace those stock tips. Maybe a little more growl?

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
656 Posts
Haven't looked into it, namely because I have a hybrid and think it would be silly.

But I found a video of a modded gas version, looks to me it doesn't add anything probably because it's a V4. Maybe if it was a V6 I'd have more fizz :unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
256 Posts
With having the hybrid, I'd love to have a less restricted exhaust just so that it gets better gas mileage. But, I like how quite it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't looked into it, namely because I have a hybrid and think it would be silly.

But I found a video of a modded gas version, looks to me it doesn't add anything probably because it's a V4. Maybe if it was a V6 I'd have more fizz :unsure::unsure:

Thanks for the Video. I don't have the Hybrid. I may just try and change the tips when I find something. Here is a underside view of the Rowen exhaust.

Reactions: JWILSON

·
Registered
433 Posts

No such things as a V4, at least not in anything we're driving nowadays. ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Curious what you mean, it is a 4 cylinder under the hood isn’t it? First time car owner here :p
NP, it does have a 4 cylinder, just not in a "V" configuration. It is an inline 4 cylinder or "I4" as in "eye" 4, not fourteen. The 2019 Rav4 uses the relatively new fuel efficient 2.5L Dynamic Force engine that makes 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission.

There have been only a handful of cars that have ever used a V4, and I doubt any car in recent history had them. Motorcycles do use them though.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
656 Posts
NP, it does have a 4 cylinder, just not in a "V" configuration. It is an inline 4 cylinder or "I4" as in "eye" 4, not fourteen. The 2019 Rav4 uses the relatively new fuel efficient 2.5L Dynamic Force engine that makes 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission.

There have been only a handful of cars that have ever used a V4, and I doubt any car in recent history had them. Motorcycles do use them though.
Gotcha, I guess I always just assumed. That’s very good info to know, appreciate the write up, I want to know every inch about the car and familiarize myself long term mechanically.

·
Registered
552 Posts
A more free-flowing exhaust does not increase airflow at anything except full throttle. Any other time, airflow is being controlled by the throttle body, and fuel and timing are being adjusted for that. If, for example, you completely removed the exhaust system after the headers, you might need slightly reduced throttle positions for the same casual acceleration, but you'd still be burning the same amount of fuel.

The same applies to intakes as well.

Now, this is assuming the engine runs an open-loop fuel/timibg map, which Id expect in 2019. Older closed-loop ECUs may see better mileage at these lower throttle openings only because the ECU thinks the engine is under as much load, and advances ignition timing a bit more.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Silly question, but how do you take off these tips? They don't appear to be bolted on, but rather stamped...I tried giving them a good tug, but they don't budge.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
252 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts

It seems to have a lower base/throaty sound to it. Well at least with my Bose computer speakers. :D

I wonder how that would affect the Toyota warranty?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts