Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Purchased in August, 2019 XSE, July build in Japan, outside temperature has been from 90 to 20 degrees. 1 problem out of about 15 refills. At that one station the nozzle didn’t fit into the tank all the way so I can’t really say for sure it was the cars fault? I was able to complete the fill with little difficulties. All refills when the the needle has been at or below “E” and well after the “light” comes on, I was able to fill 12+ gallons “first click”. The needle has always been above “F” after refueling. I for sure have been paying attention, looking for a refueling problem but nothing unusual!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Purchased in August, 2019 XSE, July build in Japan, outside temperature has been from 90 to 20 degrees. 1 problem out of about 15 refills. At that one station the nozzle didn’t fit into the tank all the way so I can’t really say for sure it was the cars fault? I was able to complete the fill with little difficulties. All refills when the the needle has been at or below “E” and well after the “light” comes on, I was able to fill 12+ gallons “first click”. The needle has always been above “F” after refueling. I for sure have been paying attention, looking for a refueling problem but nothing unusual!
Canadian build August Limited, I can fill the tank without any problems on the low flow setting of most gas stations, 2 times it turned off at 38 litres and I was able to add 12 more litres. The slow fill setting varies from station to station, but I can always get a full tank

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 2019 XLE that had final assembly in Canada. Bought in Ohio. I have used it for 1500 miles and have filled it at least four times with a DTE of 550+ miles. May have clicked off once during a fill but no difference than my Ford Taurus or Lexus ES350. Gauge is always over full mark after a refueling and I add about 11 to 12+ gallons.

Actually I made the purchase contingent on the saleman filling the tank and having a DTE of over 560 miles, We drove to the station and he filled it with 13 gallons as I watched (one click off) and it hit 568 miles. We bought the car based on that plus a lot of research on all the small SUVs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Canadian build August Limited, I can fill the tank without any problems on the low flow setting of most gas stations, 2 times it turned off at 38 litres and I was able to add 12 more litres. The slow fill setting varies from station to station, but I can always get a full tank
My May, Canadian built Limited is fine as long as I fill it on a slow speed. If I put 9 gallons into it, the first three are at full speed, the next three are at medium and the final three are at slow.

·
Registered
516 Posts
That's inconclusive, few said they are using slow fill. The question if you are in the US are you able to fill the tank using regular fill (not the slow fill)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Canadian built (Ithink), purchased mid October. Left house at 380 miles on way to Colorado. Several of the fills only used 9gals and a bit, usually left 140ish to empty with gas gauge on 1/4 tank. One was 10+ gallons with gauge between 1/4 and empty peg. Over all mileage per gallon was 39, most at fill up were 44 per gallon. 2238 when we got home. Subtracting the 334 that was on the mileage, we drove a little over 1900 miles with 39 average. Very happy, hoping it only gets better. Will continue to experiment with filling, at the empty peg, see how long before the light comes on, how many gallons actually that fills. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Japanese build, 2019/03/05 production date. Never had anny issue, but the fill nozzle at the fuelpump is pretty much different from those in the US...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Probably should have better defined the problem. Fuel problem means unable to fill the tank at normal pump rate without topping off after first click .

full tank = 14.5 gallons.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Probably should have better defined the problem. Fuel problem means unable to fill the tank at normal pump rate without topping off after first click .

full tank = 14.5 gallons.
All my cars, Fords, Nissan and Lexus have had the pump click off during a refill and I continue to fill to second click or base it on gallons needed to reach full on gauge. I have had this happen for over 15 years depending on the pump volume. Refill stations want to move cars at a fast rate and have increased fill rates to do this. One time on my Lexus the pump did not click off and it overflowed a little. DTE was as normal at 460 miles but didn't drop for 100 miles and after we stopped at a rest area. DTE on that car was maxed out by the stroke of the float swing which was pinned for 100 miles. Just info.

·
Registered
360 Posts
All my cars, Fords, Nissan and Lexus have had the pump click off during a refill and I continue to fill to second click or base it on gallons needed to reach full on gauge. I have had this happen for over 15 years depending on the pump volume. Refill stations want to move cars at a fast rate and have increased fill rates to do this. One time on my Lexus the pump did not click off and it overflowed a little. DTE was as normal at 460 miles but didn't drop for 100 miles and after we stopped at a rest area. DTE on that car was maxed out by the stroke of the float swing which was pinned for 100 miles. Just info.
I have never had a car that clicked off still needing 3-5 gallons of fuel. Never.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts