Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

I just purchased a 2019 RAV4 Premium with halogen fog lights. I know that there is an upgrade for the LED bulbs from Toyota when the car is purchased new, however, I purchased the car used. I am looking to switch the halogen bulbs with official Toyota LED fog light bulbs.

Does anyone know how easy this will be or have any knowledge of the replacement? Is it a simple bulb change or does the housing need to be completely switched out?

I am attaching a picture of the LED fog light from the official Toyota parts website for reference.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2019 XSE
858 Posts
I may do the same. here is a thread of others who have done it.

Hi friends,

I just purchased a 2019 RAV4 Premium with halogen fog lights. I know that there is an upgrade for the LED bulbs from Toyota when the car is purchased new, however, I purchased the car used. I am looking to switch the halogen bulbs with official Toyota LED fog light bulbs.

Does anyone know how easy this will be or have any knowledge of the replacement? Is it a simple bulb change or does the housing need to be completely switched out?

I am attaching a picture of the LED fog light from the official Toyota parts website for reference.

View attachment 158330

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 19 was easy to switch, google for videos, (
), this was the first choice, I didn't watch, there were several, as there are several ways to make a simple act difficult, ymmv.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 HYBRID LIMITED
182 Posts
Hi friends,

View attachment 158330

Thanks in advance!
Just swapped my OEM LED fog lamps for Diode Dynamics. If you're interested in buying mine just message me.

As for the install the housing needs to be swapped out. It's a fairly simple process. Remove two screws & two clips on the splash shield to gain access to the area. Fog lamps are screwed in with one screw on each side. Passenger side is harder because there's less room to work. This video will show you what I mean.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime SE
200 Posts
Just swapped my OEM LED fog lamps for Diode Dynamics. If you're interested in buying mine just message me.

As for the install the housing needs to be swapped out. It's a fairly simple process. Remove two screws & two clips on the splash shield to gain access to the area. Fog lamps are screwed in with one screw on each side. Passenger side is harder because there's less room to work. This video will show you what I mean.
How do you like the diode dynamics? Did you get the full 4 bulb lamps or just the replacement single bulbs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts