Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone’s warranty is up, if you have a 2019 RAV4 check your headliner for light bluish marks, if you have this, that means your roof racks aren’t properly sealed and water is leaking inside your car!!!! I just hade my passenger side rails resealed and headliner replaced❤

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
There are a few reports regarding the leakage:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

I have the exact same problem on my Rav4 Adventure. I can add it to the list of things I have had go wrong with this car. Vibrating Mirror, Bad Shock, missing seal in door... never ending but I will schedule to have this fixed.
you should lemon law it or consider another brand. Chevy Equinox or Ford Escape, probably more reliable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The leak issue may exist in 2019 models only, not seeing any reports in 2020 models.
I just had this problem on my 2020 Rav4 With sunroof. The dealer unclogged the sunroof drain and sent me away but took it to the car wash at the dealer to test it and bingo, water again. The dealer has the car now and they said they have to open it up to find the problem. Will update after they return the car.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
1,328 Posts
I just had this problem on my 2020 Rav4 With sunroof. The dealer unclogged the sunroof drain and sent me away but took it to the car wash at the dealer to test it and bingo, water again. The dealer has the car now and they said they have to open it up to find the problem. Will update after they return the car.
Make sure you read these posts, airbags COULD be compromised. Also what model 2020 do you have and roof rack system (standard rails or adventure rails)?
There are a few reports regarding the leakage:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before anyone’s warranty is up, if you have a 2019 RAV4 check your headliner for light bluish marks, if you have this, that means your roof racks aren’t properly sealed and water is leaking inside your car!!!! I just hade my passenger side rails resealed and headliner replaced❤
thought I was the only one! Been with 2 dealerships already and both denied me with my warranty! I cannot believe it! Help!!

·
Registered
Prime XSE Premium.
674 Posts
That is absurd treatment, do what you have to. Push it up the chain at the dealerships, next is the corporate level, finally ending with legal help. Whatever you do, don't surrender.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most common problem is the tube could be kinked or blocked entirely. All the dealer did was used compressed air to push whatever was in the tube to blow the excess to the drain bottom, which is behind the front wheel. The correct fix is to replace the tube all together, which requires them to remove the column and install a new hose. When you get it back, you can test it by pouring water slowly down the channel to the drain tubes on your open sunroof. You should see it leak down to the bottom. If it backs up again, it means they didn't do anything. Don't pour it down too fast. Those drain tubes are meant for small drops of water. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 779 Posts