Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
881 - 886 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Someone explain to me how I went through a hurricane (Fiona)with 8 days of rain blowing 360 degrees and don't have a leak. I think this is a big over reaction here lol.
What year and model?

I noticed my headliner stain days after the rails got wet.

Ask your question another way, "if I don't see water stain on my headliner, how do I know water is not leaking in and just getting the airbag wet?".

If it has the paper thin seals, perhaps it is leaking, you just don't see it until airbag fails or rust starts to show up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 RAV4 xle with 75k miles on it. I’m going to take it to the dealer on Tuesday to get the airbags checked for damage and will report back with what the dealer says. If there is no damage I plan on plugging the holes myself as I have everything already to do the repair.

Update: 09/28/22 Toyota was able order parts to “fix” the issue but we all know the true fix is putting a cap with silicone seal. There is no damage to the airbags either! They did however mess up my headliner and is now stained/damaged. I have to call corporate to get that sorted out but Toyota was able to do the replacement on the necessary parts at no cost. I’ll go ahead and add pics of the headliner after it was picked up as well as the part #s used.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
What year and model?

I noticed my headliner stain days after the rails got wet.

Ask your question another way, "if I don't see water stain on my headliner, how do I know water is not leaking in and just getting the airbag wet?".

If it has the paper thin seals, perhaps it is leaking, you just don't see it until airbag fails or rust starts to show up.
Just peel back the weather seal and take a peak. You can open a door and look it takes a few seconds. Now chill lol. You worry too much.

·
Registered
659 Posts
On 2022 this problem was resolved?
Some pics are showing they did away with just the front clip. However, if you go back to post #1 and read on from there, some also had leaking in rear.

I think the issue was more around use of paper thin seals.

Punching holes in the roof (in a channel that collects water), just seems like a bad engineering idea.

881 - 886 of 886 Posts