Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
You would think that with millions of these on the road, that someone would come up with a nice aftermarket big screen head unit. I still can't find any.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone add that Alpine unit? I don’t have the JBL system, but curious as to why there would be a difference that the HU couldn’t be used w/o the JBL system. Crutchfield was unhelpful with the guy I talked to on the phone.

·
Registered
20 Rav4 Limited Hybrid
56 Posts
Not sure why it won't work. You need an adapter to integrate into the JBL. Other than that you should be good to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure why it won't work. You need an adapter to integrate into the JBL. Other than that you should be good to go.
I don't have the JBL system either. When you enter your vehicle on their site Toyota 2019 RAV 4 it asks if you have a speaker on the left rear of the cargo area. I assume if you have the speaker you have the JBL system. If you say no no units come up. If you say yes the Alpine shows up. Here's a link to another thread about the Alpine unit.: Update 12/11: US market aftermarket radio in a 2019 RAV4...

·
Registered
2021 Toyota RAV4 Limited Hybrid
58 Posts
I think in the coming years you'll find more head units; helps that the RAV4 is the top selling non-truck vehicle in the US! Unfortunately for now, because of the very odd mounting of the RAV4 HU, the options will be limited. Also, check in the back of the Owner's Manual to double check what functionalitles you'll be loosing from removing the HU by Toyota; there are some settings that will not be changeable without the HU or you'll need to use a OBDII adapter.

·
Registered
20 Rav4 Limited Hybrid
56 Posts
I don't have the JBL system either. When you enter your vehicle on their site Toyota 2019 RAV 4 it asks if you have a speaker on the left rear of the cargo area. I assume if you have the speaker you have the JBL system. If you say no no units come up. If you say yes the Alpine shows up. Here's a link to another thread about the Alpine unit.: Update 12/11: US market aftermarket radio in a 2019 RAV4...

Look up different radio kit manufacturers. That will determine what fits

1 - 14 of 14 Posts