Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Until they'll come up with an fix, you will have to drive it for a few minutes once every few days.
FYI, some people have had the battery die sooner than "every few days." Mine was less than 48 hours, a few people earlier in this thread or the other thread have had it happen within 24 hours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone actually had a resolution to this problem?
No proven resolutions. Some people here have said that they didn't have any problems after turning off the auto parking brake or getting the TSB installed. Others have done those things and still had the battery die. So it's either coincidences or multiple possible reasons for dying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No proven resolutions. Some people here have said that they didn't have any problems after turning off the auto parking brake or getting the TSB installed. Others have done those things and still had the battery die. So it's either coincidences or multiple possible reasons for dying.
It's going to be a long road (pun intended). I sense the lemon law coming into play for some. I am seeing way more complaints for this issue than anyone would like. Yesterday, when I went in to talk to the tech, another 2020 was brought in - complaint: needing to jump start the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
any canadians here recommend a li-on jump pack from amazon.ca?
I bought two for my household: 1200A Peak and 800A Peak.
Not sure how accurately they are rated to their rated Peak, but I did use both on a few occasions. Started a hybrid and gasoline vehicle without issue.
They hold their charge decently. I charged both to 100%, left them in two separate cars and they were at 90% after two months without being touched.
I've seen them go for cheaper than they are currently priced, so maybe watch it for a sale price or a coupon you can clip for additional savings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, put my money down yesterday and joined this forum after. (first dumb move)
The DTE, Battery and shaky mirror issues are scary.
Here is the question with reason

Has the dead battery issue been researched by how many miles the car had when purchased?
Reason.. I wife has a 2002 BMW 525 that gets driven less than 1000 miles a year. When a battery went bad I replaced it only to find it dead again after 8 months. When I replaced it i put a battery minder on the second one for a few days and now the charge sticks.

I tend to wonder if cars that were trucked never had that benefit of the full charge that cars driven to the point of sale did not have?

Anyone?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought my Rav4 with 9 miles on it in November 23rd. Drove it for like 3k miles until
OK, put my money down yesterday and joined this forum after. (first dumb move)
The DTE, Battery and shaky mirror issues are scary.
Here is the question with reason

Has the dead battery issue been researched by how many miles the car had when purchased?
Reason.. I wife has a 2002 BMW 525 that gets driven less than 1000 miles a year. When a battery went bad I replaced it only to find it dead again after 8 months. When I replaced it i put a battery minder on the second one for a few days and now the charge sticks.

I tend to wonder if cars that were trucked never had that benefit of the full charge that cars driven to the point of sale did not have?

Anyone?
I bought my Rav4 with 9 miles on it on November 23rd. Drove it for like 3k miles until the first instance when the battery died in February. So, in my opinion, no, the way the cars made it to the dealership does not count. The battery just died for the fourth time last week at 13k miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my Rav4 with 9 miles on it in November 23rd. Drove it for like 3k miles until

I bought my Rav4 with 9 miles on it on November 23rd. Drove it for like 3k miles until the first instance when the battery died in February. So, in my opinion, no, the way the cars made it to the dealership does not count. The battery just died for the fourth time last week at 13k miles.
Yea I was shooting from the hip. after going through the entire thread I am getting worried about my decision to get one of these.. sounds like a ghost of a phantom drain that will bite you only on that rare occasion that you need the car.

BTW my dealer is saying that the DTE and gas tank issues are fixed.
Am I being lie to?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep. It kust hp to me. 2020 XSE 17k miles 9 months old. Just had Toyota Tow scv here. Jump did help. Next guy on the way. Will kp u posted

·
Registered
7 Posts
My cae no is 6317378439. Dont let Toyota tell u no one else is having the problem. We sh all post our case nbers for this issue

·
Registered
78 Posts
Same battery, four times. Wow! What does the dealership say?
Same battery 5 times dead now... I kept it in the garage locked with all the windows up since last Sunday, could not even unlock the doors yesterday. Definitely the DCM TSB is not fixing the issue. This is the second time when the battery dies after the TSB has been done on the car. I just placed it on a trickle charger and I'll drive my other car until Toyota will say something.
In regards to the gas tank issue: I have experimented yesterday by filling up the almost completely empty gas tank (10 miles range left) at a slow pace. Instead of placing the gas pump handle on auto setting, I have held the handle with my hand at a slow setting. I was able to fill the gas all the way up in about 2 minutes. In my opinion, the problem might be the venting system of the tank not being able to keep up with the fast rate at which the gas gets filled up when the pump it's set on auto.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dead battery charged after 2nd attempt by Toyota svc. On dash as I drove around it appeared the engine was recharging the battery. I wonder if there is a way to check the level of the battery charge to see if the battery is close to failing from the dash board.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After looking at this thread, not sure if I should move forward with buying a 2020 Rav4 Hybrid Limited or go for 2021 Venza Hybrid , good deals on Rav4 Hybrid I don't think I will get any deals for 2021 Venza. My 2017 Rav4 Hybrid never had any issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After looking at this thread, not sure if I should move forward with buying a 2020 Rav4 Hybrid Limited or go for 2021 Venza Hybrid , good deals on Rav4 Hybrid I don't think I will get any deals for 2021 Venza. My 2017 Rav4 Hybrid never had any issues.
I am thinking about making a quick 8am call tomorrow to change my order to the Venza.
Does anyone know what the estimated wait time is on those?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am thinking about making a quick 8am call tomorrow to change my order to the Venza.
Likely, Toyota hybrid SUVs have same issues e.g. RAV4, highlander. Someone here sold back RAV4 hybrid 2019 and got highlander due to tank issues. Some owners of 2020 hybrid highlander report tank issues now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My phoenix dealer is getting 3 Venza's on friday, asking me if I want to put in a deposit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I suggest that you watch some of the YOUTUBE videos on the Venza. I was very interested in purchasing one until I found out that all of the radio and heat/AC controls are buried in the infotainment center. No knobs or buttons on the dash. In my state it is illegal for me to drive and play with a cellphone. Toyota now wants me to play with a computer screen while driving. I have no idea what Toyota was thinking in this design. Honda tried this a couple of years ago, and was heavily criticized for no radio knobs.

361 - 380 of 423 Posts