Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a NC dealer Spec. Sheet for a 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid, White. Android Auto standard, power seat standard, 100 allocated to the Southeast, produced in California, inventories to “land” in three weeks. MSRP $29,395.

·
Registered
36 Posts
On the Canadian build site the grey leather/softek now says grey/cloth for the 2020 RAV4 limited. Is this a change?

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
US production of the Rav4 doesn't start until next year in Georgetown KY, until then Rav4 production has only been in Japan and Canada.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, although it could as easily be a miss-print.
Probably a misprint. I thought I can use the same winter tires on my old Rav 4 with the new Rav 4 because on the Canadian website shows the same size but it was a different tire size when it was delivered. One tire shop not recommend it, one tire shop says it should be ok. Old winter tires are 235/55 R 18, current Rav 4 uses 225/60 R 18.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Probably a misprint. I thought I can use the same winter tires on my old Rav 4 with the new Rav 4 because on the Canadian website shows the same size but it was a different tire size when it was delivered. One tire shop not recommend it, one tire shop says it should be ok. Old winter tires are 235/55 R 18, current Rav 4 uses 225/60 R 18.
I'm planning on doing the same thing as you. Found a set of 2012 18" Rav4 rims on 235/55/R18 and wondering if the 2019-2020 XSE would be able to use it without issue. What was the reason the one tire shop did not recommend it? Please let me know what you decide to do!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm planning on doing the same thing as you. Found a set of 2012 18" Rav4 rims on 235/55/R18 and wondering if the 2019-2020 XSE would be able to use it without issue. What was the reason the one tire shop did not recommend it? Please let me know what you decide to do!
The dealership called OK Tires, Toyota salesman said OK Tires doesn't recommend it (something about might hit the frame of car when turning?) plus it's a Hybrid so it might drive different. I don't think I will be able to tell difference, not like it's a sports car. I called Kal Tire and rep said it should be fine (that's where I got my winter tires). My old car is 09 Rav 4 V6 sport, new car is 19 Hybrid Limited. Will go in person to Kal Tire sometime in next two weeks and update you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I see the 2020 is listed on the Toyota site. Figures power seat added as standard I knew that they would probably add more standard equipment in the second year oh well..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got my 2020 XSE last Wednesday (10/16). I've been calling all dealers non-stop and checking autotrader.com. Finally turned up one day with the exact trim/color/packages that I wanted. Oh and of course Android Auto!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Got my 2020 XSE last Wednesday (10/16). I've been calling all dealers non-stop and checking autotrader.com. Finally turned up one day with the exact trim/color/packages that I wanted. Oh and of course Android Auto!
How does the Android auto work?
i heard somewhere on here that it wasn't actually installed and an upgrade was coming...

·
Registered
30 Posts
How does the Android auto work?
i heard somewhere on here that it wasn't actually installed and an upgrade was coming...
It came pre-installed. Just another toggle switch when you go into projection. Connect your phone and then Projection changes to Android Auto. The only issue I'm seeing so far is that the Google Assistant's voice is WAY too low. I haven't really had time to mess around with it either. I tried using the volume knob, no luck, steering wheel buttons, no luck, media volume settings on the phone and no luck. I will try to ask the assistant to increase the volume later today. Hopefully that does the trick.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts