Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Entune isn't mentioned on the website for the 2020 Rav4, just Auto Multimedia, same head unit names, minus Entune, Audio, Audio Plus and Premium Audio.

Yep you are correct. Cannot find entune / 3.0 mentioned anywhere. Maybe new software? I wonder if they will need the entune 3.0 app to connect their phone/apps to car. I doubt toyota will make a new app when they just made entune 3.0 app (from my understanding only a few new cars in 2019 had entune 3.0 but it launched in 2018/17 with Camry).

·
Premium Member
7,912 Posts
Hitch Receiver and Towing Wire Harness are listed:
The OEM Hitch and harness have been available for about a month, got my hitch a week ago from BAM.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Entune isn't mentioned on the website for the 2020 Rav4, just Auto Multimedia, same head unit names, minus Entune, Audio, Audio Plus and Premium Audio.

Well it appears toyota is using entune 3.0. But they just "removed the name from their branding". Evidence? The 2020 Mulitmedia directions.

"The Entune™ 3.0 app is required to link the Toyota audio multimedia system with available services such as Amazon Alexa. "

2020:

2019:

really only major difference is AA mentioned, connected services bundles explanations. Interface, directions all look the same.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My local dealer has already listed the first one but those photos look like Adventure:

2020 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road AWD
View Vehicle Details

• MSRP: $38,025

• Available Conditional Rebates
    • Lease Loyalty $500
    • Military Appreciation $500
    • College Graduate $500

• Confirm Availability
    • Body Style: SUV
    • Model Code: 4448
    • Engine: 4 Cyl
    • Drive Type: AWD
    • Transmission: 8-Speed A/T
    • Ext. Color: MIDNIGHT BLACK METALLIC
    • Int. Color: BLACK
    • MPG: 25 City / 33 Hwy
    • VIN #: 2T3J1RFV0LC060922

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's basically the Adventure model with all terrain tires on it. They can probably charge more now that parts say "TRD"
Not true. The suspensions are a lot different, the frame is bigger and it sits an 1" higher. I know not a lot but I will say after my 22 miles of off road driving my new one, it does everything. I'll post photos later of the trip.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Congratulation! Did you pay MSRP or there was a dealer discount?

Not true. The suspensions are a lot different, the frame is bigger and it sits an 1" higher. I know not a lot but I will say after my 22 miles of off road driving my new one, it does everything. I'll post photos later of the trip.

·
Premium Member
7,912 Posts
Well well well ... interesting. Still the frame is different, the TRD suspension package is much different just like other TRD suspensions on other models. I'll stick with what I have. :)
The nomenclature for the TRD state it has different coil springs, shocks and bump stops, there's no mention of a different frame, I think your salesman was shinin ya, it's basically an Adventure with TRD badging and a couple suspension upgrades and AT tires, it has the same ground clearance and DTV, if anything, the 18" wheels and tires are a negative addition as far as offroad capability is concerned, 16" or 17" would have been much preferred as has been discussed before. But glad you like it, hopefully Toyota has fixed the transfer case rear disconnect issue, otherwise you won't be so happy.:(

Inspired by TRD’s successful learnings with Ryan Millen’s Rally RAV4, TRD Off-Road suspension is engineered to enhance body control and small-bump isolation to help smooth out trails and rough city streets. Unique red coil springs are tuned for an off-road focus. The twin-tube shocks are re-valved and feature new internal rebound springs to improve rebound control. New bump stops maximize compression direction wheel travel and help improve body control over large bumps and dips.
The only "frame" change I can think of is the TNGA platform which ALL 2019-20 Rav4s are built on, not just the TRD.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well I can see a few things different. It comes standard with power lift gate and moonroof - where the adventure its part of a package. You can get the birdseye view thingy and parking assist as part of a package - which is not available at all on an adventure. All weather floormats are standard. If you wanted all that stuff anyway, and it was discounted similarly, it might not be a bad deal?

The only substantive off road difference does in fact appear to be the struts and the red painted springs. Ground clearance and approach angles are identical, and no mention of skid plates. I wonder if someone will offer them aftermarket to replace the plastic thing that comes on all of them now?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well I can see a few things different. It comes standard with power lift gate and moonroof - where the adventure its part of a package. You can get the birdseye view thingy and parking assist as part of a package - which is not available at all on an adventure. All weather floormats are standard. If you wanted all that stuff anyway, and it was discounted similarly, it might not be a bad deal?

The only substantive off road difference does in fact appear to be the struts and the red painted springs. Ground clearance and approach angles are identical, and no mention of skid plates. I wonder if someone will offer them aftermarket to replace the plastic thing that comes on all of them now?
LP Adventure currently offers skid plates, but to get full protection you have to get their bumper guard thing too which will all set you back around 2k. They do offer just a skid, but it doesn't protect all too much in my opinion. Not to mention you lose 1.5" of ground clearance in the front with their bumper guard. Hoping someone else can come onto the market with some skids. I had some for my crosstrek through primitive racing but they're a subaru influenced company. Seems to me that the new Rav's are quickly becoming what the 2nd crosstrek was so hopefully we get more aftermarket offroad part support in 2020.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts