Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 RAV4 Offroad
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a RAV4 TRD Offroad and would like to add LED interior lighting to the door handles. I recently watched a YouTube video adding this after market option. The after market option specifications state that the RAV4 must come with the Auto Fold Mirror option to work. My RAV4 is not equipped with the Auto Fold Mirror option. So.. I have the following questions below.
1) Can anyone tell me if the RAV4 rear view door mirrors have the motors/actuators built in? I also watched a YouTube video adding the Auto Fold Mirror option (Module) to the vehicle without the need to modify (adding motors/actuators) to the rear view door mirrors. After this option was added the mirrors performed the Auto Fold function. So by default, I am guessing that all rear view door mirrors come with the motors/actuators, even if the vehicle does not come equipped with this option. I'm thinking that Toyota does this to save money... fewer rear view mirror part numbers are required during assembly. TRUE/FALSE?
2) If I were to add the Auto Fold Mirror after market option, would I then be able to install the Interior LED Door Handle Lights?

I know there are many inquires above. Hopefully someone can answer my questions. Below are the links to the YouTube videos.
Interior LED Door Handle Lights -
Auto Fold Mirrors -

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Many have installed door handler lights (not the mirror folder), including my 2020 TRD. Please refer to this thread:

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 AWD XLE
131 Posts
So from what I understand. your vehicle must have the electronic folding mirrors first, before you can add the automatic mod.

Example,my Rav has Manual Folding Mirrors, I have to fold them myself. So I would have to replace the whole side mirror assembly to make my mirrors electronic folding, then add the automatic mod.

·
Premium Member
2020 RAV4 Offroad
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So from what I understand. your vehicle must have the electronic folding mirrors first, before you can add the automatic mod.

Example,my Rav has Manual Folding Mirrors, I have to fold them myself. So I would have to replace the whole side mirror assembly to make my mirrors electronic folding, then add the automatic mod.
My RAV4 also has the Manual Folding Mirrors. In the YouTube video link for adding the Auto Folding Mirror module... he adds the module and says nothing about replacing the whole side mirror assembly... it just works. So I am assuming that the side mirror has the motor/actuator already built into the standard mirror?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Don't understand why linking the handler LED lights with the folding motor. All North America 2019/2020 RAV4 models DO NOT have auto folding mirror feature, nor the pre-built-in motors.

All these have been discussed. Use advanced search please.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 AWD XLE
131 Posts
As far as linking the handle light to the mirror, it what probably just for easier access to 12v power. Personally I would have tapped into the lock, or power window wires.

·
Registered
2020 RAV Cruiser Hybrid
5 Posts
My RAV4 also has the Manual Folding Mirrors. In the YouTube video link for adding the Auto Folding Mirror module... he adds the module and says nothing about replacing the whole side mirror assembly... it just works. So I am assuming that the side mirror has the motor/actuator already built into the standard mirror?
Hi JNE1960, For installation of the mirror control module, you need to have the actuator already installed. This module was created because in Australian models, we have mirrors that can fold in automatically, but they do not fold in upon locking the doors! Go figure why they left this option off....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts