Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here for a while and ordered a 2020 TRD on Oct. 15th. Delivered on the 12th and I am Very happy so far! My only complaint is a faint wind whistle, but its not too bad. It seems quieter than the Trail I test drove in Aug., but its been 3 months so I can't say for sure. It has the under hood insulation so that has to help some. Very quiet, no intrusive wind,tire,or engine noise, runs and shifts great. Love the interior accents for the TRD version and the wheels really look good with the white paint. Has the TRD rubber mat in the trunk, as well as rubber on the rear seat backs.
IMG_20191114_133931.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got mine 9 days ago. I love it. It is definitely quieter with the hood blanket.

It also has a sound deadening material in the wheel wells. I didn't notice this when I bought it but the next day I was checking it out. It's almost like a thick felt material right above the wheels, on the outside of the vehicle. I've never seen anything like that before and I'm sure it helps with road noise as well.

I've also not noticed any loud road noise, partly I'm sure because I had already read different comments about it being a little louder than you would expect for a new vehicle.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Been lurking here for a while and ordered a 2020 TRD on Oct. 15th. Delivered on the 12th and I am Very happy so far! My only complaint is a faint wind whistle, but its not too bad. It seems quieter than the Trail I test drove in Aug., but its been 3 months so I can't say for sure. It has the under hood insulation so that has to help some. Very quiet, no intrusive wind,tire,or engine noise, runs and shifts great. Love the interior accents for the TRD version and the wheels really look good with the white paint. Has the TRD rubber mat in the trunk, as well as rubber on the rear seat backs. View attachment 147083
What's that white stuff on the ground?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got mine 9 days ago. I love it. It is definitely quieter with the hood blanket.

It also has a sound deadening material in the wheel wells. I didn't notice this when I bought it but the next day I was checking it out. It's almost like a thick felt material right above the wheels, on the outside of the vehicle. I've never seen anything like that before and I'm sure it helps with road noise as well.

I've also not noticed any loud road noise, partly I'm sure because I had already read different comments about it being a little louder than you would expect for a new vehicle.
Pretty sure the wheel well felt is standard in all ravs, my adventure has it as well. However they skimped on the hood insulation, but the hood and engine aren't loud so they probably determined it wasn't needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had mine for 23 days now and love it. I've made a few trips that were nothing but gravel, rocks, sandy roads. It's climbed mountains and cruises around town in sport mode. I can feel and like the TRD suspension and of course the off-road tires that come with it. So far, this car is a "keeper" and that is something I rarely do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks awesome, definitely jealous!

I bought a 19 Adventure in Magnetic Gray.

My last Toyota was white and I wanted white again but adventure didn't and still doesn't come in white! I told my friend to buy my 19 off me so I can get a TRD in white :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts