Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2020 XLE FWD on June 25th. On August 8th I had to jump start it. Took it to the dealership, and they tested the battery - which tested normal - and they sent me on my way. 3 weeks later, I attempted to start my car after it sitting for 36 hours and it didn't even attempt to turn over - not even a click. Tested the battery at home before having it towed, and it tested in the normal range. Jump started it to get it off the tow truck, and let the dealer deal with it. They said the battery tested "bad" before they charged it, and now they cannot replicate the issue. They have now had it for 12 days and have Engineering involved. Anyone experience this issue and receive a resolution?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As soon as I get it back - that is the first thing I am going to do. I didn't realize that could or would be an issue if it needed to be towed. They have performed a parasitic drawl test, which came back normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

Vehicle has been in the dealership possession since Aug. 23rd. Supposedly there is another software update for the "auto stop" function and possibly the software that puts the computers in "sleep mode" when the vehicle is off. I have been working with the Toyota techs at the dealer, the field representatives and corporate. There are currently at least 5 customer owned vehicles at the same dealership with the same issue, and well as MULTIPLE vehicles just delivered with no miles on them.

There is going to be a massive recall coming.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Update:

Vehicle has been in the dealership possession since Aug. 23rd. Supposedly there is another software update for the "auto stop" function and possibly the software that puts the computers in "sleep mode" when the vehicle is off. I have been working with the Toyota techs at the dealer, the field representatives and corporate. There are currently at least 5 customer owned vehicles at the same dealership with the same issue, and well as MULTIPLE vehicles just delivered with no miles on them.

There is going to be a massive recall coming.
Thx for the great info !

When time permits, could you give us the date of manufacture of your vehicle ? Will be on plate inside of driver door when door is opened.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based on my Toyota app, since the dealer still has the car, the "order date" is 2/2020.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Based on my Toyota app, since the dealer still has the car, the "order date" is 2/2020.
Thanks for the reply. Order date is not the date of manufacture. Build date is located on plate inside driver door (below). No problem, forgot your vehicle was at the dealer..

Purpose in asking was curious if these battery issues pertained to a certain build date period.

Capturennnn.PNG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply. Order date is not the date of manufacture. Build date is located on plate inside driver door (below). No problem, forgot your vehicle was at the dealer..

Purpose in asking was curious if these battery issues pertained to a certain build date period.

View attachment 157363
Built date is 5/20. Day 40 and my vehicle was just delivered to me. Appears that 2 software updates were preformed under service bulletin T-SB-0095-20 DCM. HIGH LG-N010gg7 & LOW G7G-05

·
Registered
232 Posts
Built date is 5/20. Day 40 and my vehicle was just delivered to me. Appears that 2 software updates were preformed under service bulletin T-SB-0095-20 DCM. HIGH LG-N010gg7 & LOW G7G-05
Maybe others with issue will see build date to see if any correlation.

Read in another thread the DCM TSB is the apparent fix. Hope all will be well. May I ask, did you ask the dealer for a loaner vehicle during the lengthy process ? If not, seems Toyota should provide some free oil changes or other incentives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I was provided a loaner for the whole time. I am still negotiating with Toyota on the lemon law side.

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
1,376 Posts
T-SB-0095-20 applies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Large Thank You! Have a 2020 RAV4 hybrid with dead battery issue. I found the latest service bulletin on another site. Had the car towed to dealership with a copy of the service bulletin because I did not trust issue to resurface. Service advisor said a new bulletin arrived this morning and they will update firmware. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Allie, have you had any issues since the firmware was updated? My gf is about to have that installed for the battery drain issue and I was wondering if it actually worked for anyone.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 XLE
125 Posts
The battery group for our RAV4 is H6. I replaced my factory battery with a brand new one from Walmart. I accidently drained my factory battery when I forgot to disconnect the negative terminal during a sound deadening project. That battery couldn't stay charged when the outside temperature dropped since I needed to jump start it more than once.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a gas model XLE 2020, 2 days after the last trip, the car won't start, the MID did make some buzz sound, but the starter won't turn at all, jump start works, not sure what's the cause but it didn't happen again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts