Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Do you have leather seats? If so, there is no reason to put a cover on the. The trick is to do regular leather cleaning and conditioning (every 4 months or so). Leather is easier to clean and more forgiving than fabric if you maintain it. I had a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder with 190K miles .... nobody believed me when I sold it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what I have: SofTex® is a synthetic leather seat material designed for wear, easy cleaning and resisting spills. Soft to the touch, SofTex weighs about half as much as genuine leather. The way it's made generates around 85% fewer CO2 emissions and 99% fewer Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) than conventional synthetic leather.
I had leather in my '98 4Runner & had them replaced about 13 years ago. I have leather in my '03 Acura & they are starting to crack.
Thank you.

· Premium Member
8,117 Posts
My main reason for stepping up to the XLE Premium was for the SofTex seats, they're so much better wearing and easier to maintain than fabric seats and don't require seat covers, we've had several Toyotas with SofTex, never had a problem with them.

My '06 V6 Rav4 had fabric seats and was showing signs of wear after just 3 month on the driver's seat, bought Wet Okole covers, they wore like iron, were fairly easy to clean and looked like new even after 8 years when I traded it off.
Car seat cover Car seat Vehicle Car Head restraint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.