Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered an 2020 XSE Hybrid a few weeks ago. The word - here in Canada, at least - is that the average wait is something like 6-8 months.

Wondering whether anyone has received a 2020 XSE yet. If so, could you also share your general location and when you ordered it?

Just trying to get an idea of real-world experience with ordering and delivery time for 2020.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In Alberta - put deposit down June 01, 2019 on 2019 XSE blizzard white with tech package and still waiting. Initial estimate was maybe 4-5 months max. Now I'm being told MAYBE January or February 2020 we will get the vehicle (2020)...

·
Registered
30 Posts
In Alberta - put deposit down June 01, 2019 on 2019 XSE blizzard white with tech package and still waiting. Initial estimate was maybe 4-5 months max. Now I'm being told MAYBE January or February 2020 we will get the vehicle (2020)...
Same here in Ontario - told MAYBE January or February 2020. Apparently I'm second in the queue. Ordered on June 25, 2019.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got one 3 weeks ago through an auto broker... Buena Park CA. My broker told me about the vehicle while it was still on the container heading towards the dealership.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2020 XSE with all packages is supposed to arrive next week. I purchased it last weekend and it was already on its way to the dealership. I'm in Washington State.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The dealer in my area of western Canada had a 2020 XSE coming in at the end of Oct when I approached them in early Oct. He said i could have it for MSRP if I put 1000 down.
It showed up there 3 weeks later and I bought it.

Actually he had 2 XSE models coming in and I had my choice of color

Go figure. Had i waited, I might have held out for the 2021 plug in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The dealer in my area of western Canada had a 2020 XSE coming in at the end of Oct when I approached them in early Oct. He said i could have it for MSRP if I put 1000 down.
It showed up there 3 weeks later and I bought it.

Actually he had 2 XSE models coming in and I had my choice of color

Go figure. Had i waited, I might have held out for the 2021 plug in.
Which color did you end up getting?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got the Magnetic Gray XSE. The other choice was Blueprint. At first I struggled with the choice but really happy with it.
I have 2 complaints with the car but very minor:
  • The drivers side mirror vibrates when I close the door. It's fine when driving but sounds cheap when closing the door.
  • The buttons on the steering wheel (volume or channel) are very cheap and not easily pressed. I prefer a more solid button with better tactile feel and perhaps a slight bump up. That's how the buttons are on my 2012 Tundra, Infi-G37 and my just sold IS250.

The little cost savings things like this bug me. Charge me another $150 bucks and make a solid mirror and decent buttons. Minor complaints but little things like this bug me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put my deposit down on the two toned black and blizzard pearl 2020 XSE here in Victoria BC about 4 weeks ago and I still haven’t heard anything about me being in the next allocation or not. I am supposed be to be near the top of the list but they have pushed back the allocation dates two times now. I’m getting super frustrated.

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
2,185 Posts
Why do you Canadians get such long delivery times after you order? I can understand smaller allocations for smaller selling dealerships. Is it that or you are ordering a config that means a Japan build or ????

Said as a Yank whose car was built in Canada less than two weeks after I ordered on the day allocations came out to a 3k per year car selling dealership. And this was in June/July so the cars were new and in very high demand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why do you Canadians get such long delivery times after you order? I can understand smaller allocations for smaller selling dealerships. Is it that or you are ordering a config that means a Japan build or ????

Said as a Yank whose car was built in Canada less than two weeks after I ordered on the day allocations came out to a 3k per year car selling dealership. And this was in June/July so the cars were new and in very high demand.
I have put a deposit down at one of the top Toyota dealerships in B.C. and they still don’t have an allocation date 4 weeks later. There is now a factory in Ontario that is also making Toyota Hybrids in specific where as they used to just be built in Japan. I know it’s probably not the dealership and it’s Toyota themselves but the long wait times are rough.

·
Registered
23 Posts

80% of Canadian built RAV4's get shipped to the USA. Toyota USA has a bigger contract ($$$) with Toyota Manufacturing. This should change once the Kentucky plant starts building RAV4's in early 2020.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got the Magnetic Gray XSE. The other choice was Blueprint. At first I struggled with the choice but really happy with it.
I have 2 complaints with the car but very minor:
  • The drivers side mirror vibrates when I close the door. It's fine when driving but sounds cheap when closing the door.
  • The buttons on the steering wheel (volume or channel) are very cheap and not easily pressed. I prefer a more solid button with better tactile feel and perhaps a slight bump up. That's how the buttons are on my 2012 Tundra, Infi-G37 and my just sold IS250.
The little cost savings things like this bug me. Charge me another $150 bucks and make a solid mirror and decent buttons. Minor complaints but little things like this bug me.
Yeap, mine does the same thing with the mirrors... but mine actually shakes as well when driving on rougher roads. It really bothered me in the beginning, but it doesn't anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just ordered an 2020 XSE Hybrid a few weeks ago. The word - here in Canada, at least - is that the average wait is something like 6-8 months.

Wondering whether anyone has received a 2020 XSE yet. If so, could you also share your general location and when you ordered it?

Just trying to get an idea of real-world experience with ordering and delivery time for 2020.

We recently purchased a 2020 RAV4 Limited Hybrid here on Vancouver Island. Initially we looked at local dealers and were told 1 to 3 month wait. It was nearly impossible to actually test drive one as all were spoken for. I cast the net a little wider to include Vancouver and northern Island dealerships. Discovered that Nanaimo (2 hour drive from us) had 2 - a 2019 & a 2020 hybrid in stock! Well it was worth the trip! Took the 2019 for a test ride and ordered a 2020 in Limited trim. That was a little more than three weeks ago. As luck would have it the trim we ordered was already in transit from eastern Canada and arrived 2 days later! We picked it up from the dealer 1 week from the date of order.

Just lucky I guess..... :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
We recently purchased a 2020 RAV4 Limited Hybrid here on Vancouver Island. Initially we looked at local dealers and were told 1 to 3 month wait. It was nearly impossible to actually test drive one as all were spoken for. I cast the net a little wider to include Vancouver and northern Island dealerships. Discovered that Nanaimo (2 hour drive from us) had 2 - a 2019 & a 2020 hybrid in stock! Well it was worth the trip! Took the 2019 for a test ride and ordered a 2020 in Limited trim. That was a little more than three weeks ago. As luck would have it the trim we ordered was already in transit from eastern Canada and arrived 2 days later! We picked it up from the dealer 1 week from the date of order.

Just lucky I guess..... :)
I hate you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Was just told I'm next in line....another 6-8 weeks lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.