Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a new 2020 XSE Hybrid, the dealership claims this car does not come from the factory with floor mats of any type and we need to purchase them as an accessory. There are anti slide hooks in the floor on the driver's side for what I would imagine would be at least a cheesy carpet mat. Are they blowing smoke up my A$$ or do these vehicles really not come with a single mat in them just bare carpet floor.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Floor mat are a dealer added option if they're not on the monroney sticker, been that way since at least the 4th gen, my dealer has always asked what kind of mats or liners I wanted when they weren't a listed option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, a year and a half ago from the same dealer we bought a 18 highlander xle and that has nice all weather mats so I didn't know if this was something new or not.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Pretty much SOP for Toyota, the only time I've paid for all weather liners was if they were on the sticker, my dealer has always asked if I wanted carpet mats or all weather liners on 5 of the 6 Toyotas we've bought, my '19 came with them, but are listed on the sticker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I replaced my crappy dealer-added carpets with Husky Liners. I couldn't be happier with the fit, ease of cleaning and how well they stay put. They are also grippy enough that things stay put in the hatch and my feet don't slide in the front if I have slick shoes, my dad's WeatherTechs have this problem. Caveat these were installed in a 2019 XLE HV. I did not replace the rear row and I don't have a subwoofer in the back. Hope this is helpfull

·
Registered
140 Posts
Floor mats have always been a sales up-sell accessory since I have been buying cars (at least for Honda and Toyota). Maybe the luxury brands include them (my Acura did). Get the lowest negotiated price and just tell them if they want to close the deal, toss in factory floor mats. These days, I say floor mats and wheel locks and have not had a dealer say no on that to close the deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My XSE with cold weather package came with the all weather set from the factory, but it was listed as $269 on the optional equipment section

·
Registered
25 Posts
2020 Canadian XLEs come with both carpet and all-weather mats included. The "Weather Package" and "Convenience Package" options are standard up here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just purchased a new 2020 XSE Hybrid, the dealership claims this car does not come from the factory with floor mats of any type and we need to purchase them as an accessory. There are anti slide hooks in the floor on the driver's side for what I would imagine would be at least a cheesy carpet mat. Are they blowing smoke up my A$$ or do these vehicles really not come with a single mat in them just bare carpet floor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Jhaab, I’m also surprised there was no floor mats at all in our 2020 hybrid XSE paid over 40k. I called Toyota they said xse don’t come with floor mats. What is wrong with Toyota.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a 2020 XSE too. My first Toyota. I was mad too that mats didn't come standard.

I bought the toyota weather mats because they go up the backs of the rear seat. That's pretty slick. Wish that was an option on my Explorer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the window sticker for my 2020 XSE, the carpet mats are listed as an option for $269. I was planning to get all weather liners so I asked the sales guy if I can not take them and have it subtracted from the price. He said that was not possible but later during negotiations, I talked to the sales manager and had them exchange the carpets for the cross bars as part of the deal for my XSE.

Check you windows sticker to see if it should be included. Even though my car had no carpet mats for the seats (since I traded the mats for the cross bars), I still got a carpet mat for the cargo area. I think the $269 option was only for the seats.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i just picked up my 2020 XSE Hybrid and I believe the 2020s in Canada come with the OEM all-weather as well as the stock carpet ones.

I was about to buy them from Brunswick Auto Mart (BAM) with a rear bumper protector, but when I picked up the car, the dealer told me that they now come delivered with both, so no need to negotiate for them.

so Jhaab, you should ask for them to be included. I also got a touch-up paint, door sill plates with the “RAV4”, cargo net, and I negotiated the OEM hitch and harness. Do not feel bad for asking for the Sky, all they will say is “yes” or “no”. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts