Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2021 Hybrid XLE - Bench seat removal

8359 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Freeman
I can’t for the life of me figure out how to remove the rear bench seat of my 2021 XLE Hybrid. I’ve hunted for days and am finally admitting defeat. All I’m trying to do is put on some seat covers so my pup doesn’t destroy the interior of my new vehicle. Any insight and/or help is very much appreciated.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2021 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
literally.... pull up. It's gonna feel like it's gonna break!
My husband and I hammered on the thing and it didn’t budge (after watching this exact video). The plastic parts we could see were very strained and the thought of breaking something on a vehicle I just picked up 10 days ago freaked me out. Could leverage from a flathead screw-driver give us the edge we need?

· Registered
52 Posts
I felt the same way... some vehicles have a latch to release the tension. this is like plastic barbs. you could use wedges or something to give more mechanical advantage. but at the end of the day, that's how it comes out. Good luck!

· Registered
844 Posts
Sometimes (all too often) Google's Youtube proves anyone can post anything on the Internets.

Here is what looks to be a very well done video of a very competent removal . . . .

. . . . and I'm still not happy. I specifically provided a boolean search phrase that included "HYBRID" as well as 4.5. . . . . . and we end up with the ICE version, not a HYBRID.

I guess you have a ripe niche, you can make a video of your removal process on your Hybrid.

Reactions: Rav4XSE2020

· Registered
2021 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is a hybrid (2021 XLE Hybrid). It was that method. Just verifying for anyone else concerned. If it feels like it's going to break.... then you are in deed doing it correctly =P
You’re not kidding! My guy muscled it out and the seat covers are now on. Thank you, everyone, for The help! What a time to be alive! ;)

· Registered
52 Posts
Can I remove the bench without dissembling rear back rests on a hybrid?
Yup. Just pull up, on both sides to disconnect the tension points. Then pivot up, and slide the back loops out of the hooks under the backs. It's helps to use your hand to guide it out. I'm actually considering removing the back seat for road trips to get the seat backs to fold flatter.

· Registered
146 Posts
You’re not kidding! My guy muscled it out and the seat covers are now on. Thank you, everyone, for The help! What a time to be alive! ;)
Yea I had the same issue but with a large yank the bench seat bottom came on and my leather style seat covers are on and look great. I got mine from clazzio.com and it’s amazing quality for the price.

· Registered
2021 Limited Hybrid
264 Posts
I can’t for the life of me figure out how to remove the rear bench seat of my 2021 XLE Hybrid. I’ve hunted for days and am finally admitting defeat. All I’m trying to do is put on some seat covers so my pup doesn’t destroy the interior of my new vehicle. Any insight and/or help is very much appreciated.
Make sure you don't cover the traction battery cooling fan vent, or you will kill your battery.

· Registered
15 Posts
Mine is a hybrid (2021 XLE Hybrid). It was that method. Just verifying for anyone else concerned. If it feels like it's going to break.... then you are in deed doing it correctly =P
Can you take pictures of the backseat? Is the battery exposed? I want to take the backseat out permanently and use a bed platform in there full time. Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.