Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious if any other owners have experienced issues with the front wipers seeming to not sense the rain and not coming on. I did have my cracked windshield replaced by Safelite Auto 2 months ago and everything seems to be working fine except this problem, that has only recently started happening.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Was curious if any other owners have experienced issues with the front wipers seeming to not sense the rain and not coming on. I did have my cracked windshield replaced by Safelite Auto 2 months ago and everything seems to be working fine except this problem, that has only recently started happening.
Sometimes they forget to put the correct spacer between the rain sensor and the windshield.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Easiest way to test that sensor is to take a spray bottle and put some water in it and just spray a mist over the sensor when the car is on. The wipers should instantly activate. If they don’t the sensor wasn’t calibrated properly.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I had the rain sensing wipers on my 2009 BMW X3. They worked great but the one slightly annoying thing was when it started raining you had to flick the wiper switch once to swipe the window and then they took over. Does the Toyota's version do the same or is it always sensing for rain if left in the auto mode?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had the rain sensing wipers on my 2009 BMW X3. They worked great but the one slightly annoying thing was when it started raining you had to flick the wiper switch once to swipe the window and then they took over. Does the Toyota's version do the same or is it always sensing for rain if left in the auto mode?
It's always sensing when in auto mode. One drop of rain and the wipers turn on instantly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts