Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much surprise since it's been rumored that it will be announced for a while, but what surprsing is that specs are not much different and even rumored pricing seems very close to rav4 hybrid

Out this summer. Any takers?

·
Registered
45 Posts
This isn't much different from the RAV4 although it appears the higher end version is fancier than my Limited. I don't see a reason to trade a RAV to get this car. If I were choosing today I would pick the Venza just to get the bigger touch screen and HUD. I miss not having a HUD more than anything on my car.

The front end looks Lexus-like and is ugly imho. The rest of the car looks nice.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like interior and hopefully they added insulation to make it more quieter. Still rated to get 40 mpg, but loosing some in performance probably due to weight. Exterior is subjective, but I like it, looks a bit classier, or perhaps Porsche-like in the rear. I would love "Prime" variant of this or plain v6 would be fun

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like it. I like that the car is Lexus like, but has the mpg and such that the Lexus line doesn't offer. Depending on the price, it might be a worthy competitor to maybe trade in for. But financially, it’d probably be a bad idea due to depreciation and such.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The front /rear is much nicer though. The front of current RAV4 is ugly except Advantage/TRD. Just my personal option.

·
Registered
72 Posts
From the press release, cargo capacity is slightly lower than the RAV4, probably because of the sloped hatch. Not sure how passenger room compares, but I imagine it is bigger than the RAV4.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I like the look, so far. I have been considering getting a new Rav, updating from a 2013. The look of the new Rav is a little too 'something' for me, but it is acceptable. The Venza looks like more what I want.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We own a 2014 Venza with V6 engine and AWD, and love it! The Venza was a higher end vehicle than the RAV4. It has a lower profile, and less ground clearance. There is plenty of interior room and it drives more like a car than an SUV.

Toyota did a very poor job of marketing the Venza and sold far fewer than they could have. This is why they terminated production in 2015. The only way I found out about the Venza was when I took my Prius in for service and was wandering around the dealer's lot when I saw a couple of them in the back of the lot.

Most Venza owners that I've talked to really like the vehicle. Our dealer doesn't see many for trade-in because because most current owners keep them......

·
Registered
294 Posts
We have a friend that has a 2013 Venza. Even my wife likes it. By the way, the JBL system in her car sounds way better than the JBL system in my RAV. It will be VERY hard to convince my wife to buy another car. We don't drive much anymore. I don't understand how so many people trade in their cars so soon. Many seem to trade in or up after a year or so of ownership.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Had a V6 2009 Venza AWD. Traded it in on our 2019 RAV4 Hybrid Limited. Almost double the gas mileage on the RAV4 sure is nice...but miss the punch of the V6.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks nice but I prefer the RAV4 interior more. The pockets in the dash work really well for my iPhone, wallet, and handgun and the flat surfaces around the shifter and on top of the dash make it super easy to eat in this vehicle. The Venza doesn't look like it would be very easy to eat in and has very limited space for the everyday items that you want within reach.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like the "nicest" Rav4, definitely more upscale. I can't wait to hear how the gas tank fills up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the look of it, looks more futuristic than the rav4... Will the motor struggle to move it though, and will it have enough sound deadening to make it not sound like a plane taking off

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
It's a small difference. 7.5s rav4h vs 7.8s Venzah vs 8.2s HighlanderH, not bad, faster then gas rav4 but certainly a bit of step back.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Venza seems more as a hatch sedan than SUV. Appears to be less of a utility vehicle than the RAV4. Doubt that some of the larger,higher items I carry in my RAV4 would fit in the cargo area of the Venza.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you're after a better RAV4 but don't want to splurge on a Lexus NX300h, the Venza's the one. Pretty much a next gen. Toyota Harrier (Will be available in Japanese dealers next month.) but with a different name and steering wheel on the opposite side.

Going by how I was impressed by previous 60/ 65 series Harrier (In 2013, the RAV4 was dropped in Japan, then revived at the end of 2018.), I have high expectations for this one. The (Very.) soon to be model model was like a more luxurious RAV4, but less sportier Lexus NX.

Seeing that Toyota Australia tend to be very conservative specifications-wise (Don't get me wrong, the RAV4.5 is a very nice car to drive, coming from a 2002 RAV4.2. Just wished we had the ability/ variety to specify ours they way we want like the Japanese or American markets could.), I might consider this or a JDM RAV4 PHEV as a grey import.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like it and I bet the Venza will have the gas tank issue fixed too! :) That's one of the things keeping me from buying right now. I personally like the Sienna too but I suspect the ground clearance might not be good enough for me.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Had a 2012 FWD that I traded in with 200k miles for the 2016 RAV4 Hybrid that my wife is now driving. It was a good car. Had to replace one wheel bearing, but that’s it.

It did a great job for us and handled winters in WI and around Lake Superior like a champ with snow tires.

The hybrid looks very stylish. Would not mind driving one. But not in the market for a new car unless my wife gets tired of her 2016 RAV4.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have been wondering what to get when we trade our 2017 RAV. The Highlander is more than we need. Looks like Honda will NEVER figure out the problems with the CRV engines. Much like Toyota and the new RAV models. The Venza looks like a very good replacement, depending on how much the dealers want to deal. I looked at some numbers last night, and I think 10 to 12 thousand might do it . . . on a 2022 model, that is.

The 2021 will be their "let's put it out there and let the first buyers figure it out" model.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts