Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2022 Center Console Organizer

740 14
Any recs out there for a solid center console organizer?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mando. I have seen those, just wasn't sure if anyone has had experience with them and if they would recommend them. They don't love overly useful to be honest but then again they are relatively inexpensive so might be worth just taking a chance.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE
203 Posts
I use the top tray in the first link listed above and like it. I keep my toll bridge pass in there vs. mounting it on my window and just place it on the dash when needed. I also keep my sunglasses in there since they don't fit in the factory holder. It is easy enough to lift out when I need to get access to stuff underneath it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I will probably end up buying the style from the first link.
That same design is sold under about 6 different names on Amazon.

I may entertain the 'shelf' option as well. Not sure how practical it really is -as in what can really fit up there in the real world. I do throw a pair of glasses on the phone charger from time to time, would be good if the space is useable for other stuff.
There is very little space to put stuff while driving. One drink and a wallet takes up the cup holders. Phone in the tray and I'm about out of storage. My sun glasses are typically in the cubby to the left of the steering wheel.

Before anybody tells me I should be carrying my wallet in my pocket, yes you are correct.
I only drop it in the cup holder when I am on the way to/from a bike ride so I remember to do something with it vs leaving it in my riding clothes then losing it on the trails.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE
203 Posts
Before anybody tells me I should be carrying my wallet in my pocket, yes you are correct.
I only drop it in the cup holder when I am on the way to/from a bike ride so I remember to do something with it vs leaving it in my riding clothes then losing it on the trails.
When I drive between WA and CA, I take out both my keys wallet to try and improve my comfort for the 13 hour drive.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Neat idea but I think there is good potential for throwing stuff into nooks and crannies of the dash. Bulky items probably not too bad.
That tube of chapstick would be leaked all over the place in the California sun on a drive. The knife would end up scratching the dash the first time it slid across.
The package of tissue looks mostly safe though. Probably limited chances of it being sucked out the window.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got the 2 pack from amazon. Center console 1 is really cool.

The shelf for in front of the shift knob is cool, fits a cell phone well but makes it tough to plug in and out of the USB.

Top dash 1 looka cool, not sure what Id toss in there.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bleah on all of those "down at the bottom of the console box" organizers. This is what has worked for me:

Just an ultra-simple thing that divides the whole console box area up into six full-height "boxes" you can fill up with your stuff. I find this to be several million times more useful than any of those things that just lay down at the bottom of the console box, leaving 90% of the console box space unused.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts