Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
552 Posts
I'm jealous of the lighted overhead switches! I'm constantly fumbling over those. I hope I can eventually find switches from a 2022 and the plugs will be interchangable with my 2019 adventure.
I took apart my overhead console today. The switches there cannot be removed/exchanged. You will have to buy a whole new console if you want lighted switches there. MSRP about $400.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Can you show us the LED interior dome lights (which are standard for the 2022 model)? I'd like to order them from OEM and not a third party brand.
I went to the Salt Lake (City) Auto Expo today and they had a 2022 RAV4 hybrid on display (I think it was an XSE). Took a few pictures. I can confirm that the switch buttons on the overhead console are lighted, but not the sun roof switches:

Fixture Gas Machine Electric blue Vehicle

And the map lights are LED because of the white color:

Automotive lighting Vehicle Fixture Automotive design Vehicle door

But the map lights appear to me to not be nearly as bright as the LED bulbs I got from Amazon to fit in my 2021 XLE Premium hybrid.

Also took a picture of the cargo light, which is also LED, also not as bright as the Amazon light bulbs:

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Tints and shades Auto part

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to the Salt Lake (City) Auto Expo today and they had a 2022 RAV4 hybrid on display (I think it was an XSE). Took a few pictures. I can confirm that the switch buttons on the overhead console are lighted, but not the sun roof switches:

View attachment 176342

And the map lights are LED because of the white color:

View attachment 176343

But the map lights appear to me to not be nearly as bright as the LED bulbs I got from Amazon to fit in my 2021 XLE Premium hybrid.

Also took a picture of the cargo light, which is also LED, also not as bright as the Amazon light bulbs:

View attachment 176344
Are the OEM LED bulbs (not Amazon) available to purchase for 2021 owners? I don’t see Toyota listing any parts inventory for the 2022 RAV online.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Are the OEM LED bulbs (not Amazon) available to purchase for 2021 owners? I don’t see Toyota listing any parts inventory for the 2022 RAV online.
I doubt the LED interior lights are "bulbs" in the classic sense. Rather, they are likely built in just as the LED headlights and tail lights are.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts