Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new RAV4 doesn’t come with fog lights from the factory. I’ve seen previous year’s XLEs with fog lights and I’m kind of jealous! Anyone know if it’s worth the trouble to get aftermarket fog lights installed and if it’s even a meaningful difference in road visibility?

· Registered
2022 RAV4 Prime SE
76 Posts
My Prime doesn't have fog lamps from the factory, so I can't advise how good the factory fogs are, but frankly, I've never had factory fog lights that added meaningfully to visibility. My plan is to add Diode Dynamics SS3s to mine instead, using a set of factory fog lamp housings I got off eBay. I intend to do driving lamps instead of fog lamps on mine, but Diode Dynamics offers both options.

I figure since mine doesn't have fog lamps from the factory that I'm going to have to do some wiring anyway, so I might as well get as much light out of the deal as I can.

· Registered
1,006 Posts
My 2021 XLE gas came with fog lights, yes I have used them a couple of times. Yes they made a big difference in my opinion on one particular journey, it's like most accessories on a vehicle once you have had & used them a few times it's hard to go without. Myself not sure if I would buy a new/used vehicle without fog lights again.

· Registered
2021 XSE Hybrid, Blizzard Pearl
93 Posts
My Prime doesn't have fog lamps from the factory, so I can't advise how good the factory fogs are, but frankly, I've never had factory fog lights that added meaningfully to visibility. My plan is to add Diode Dynamics SS3s to mine instead, using a set of factory fog lamp housings I got off eBay. I intend to do driving lamps instead of fog lamps on mine, but Diode Dynamics offers both options.

I figure since mine doesn't have fog lamps from the factory that I'm going to have to do some wiring anyway, so I might as well get as much light out of the deal as I can.
had my SS3 Pro White on for about a month they are nice !!! i have factory fogs non led you can't even tell the difference when you turn them on and off. now its bright enought that i lights up the side walk even.

· Registered
2021 XSE Hybrid, Blizzard Pearl
93 Posts
My new RAV4 doesn’t come with fog lights from the factory. I’ve seen previous year’s XLEs with fog lights and I’m kind of jealous! Anyone know if it’s worth the trouble to get aftermarket fog lights installed and if it’s even a meaningful difference in road visibility?
look up the laws in the area you drive in california you can have 4 light on at all times which is two head lights and two fog lights. rear fog lights can only be on during fog. keep in mind that you have to adjust the lights and use a wall at a 25ft distance the cutoff of the fog should be 4" lower then the height of the fog light itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts