Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im a new owner of a new RAV and the oem is 235-55-18. Im getting some conflicting info regarding downsizing, with some saying 225-65-17 is the only other option considering the weight of the vehicle. From the toyota wesite too.

I have the chance to buy good used winter tires 215-65-17 on rims with the correct bolt pattern. Shouldnt be any issues? I like slimmer tires for the snowy months in edmonton. Though the load rating is only around 96, and the centre bore is slightly larger (from jeep patriot)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello, im a new owner of a new RAV and the oem is 235-55-18. Im getting some conflicting info regarding downsizing, with some saying 225-65-17 is the only other option considering the weight of the vehicle. From the toyota wesite too.

I have the chance to buy good used winter tires 215-65-17 on rims with the correct bolt pattern. Shouldnt be any issues? I like slimmer tires for the snowy months in edmonton. Though the load rating is only around 96, and the centre bore is slightly larger (from jeep patriot)
If the center bore is different you need hub centric rings as the stock wheels are hub centric and not lug centric I believe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts