Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying new tires withing the next couple weeks. I am also installing different rims which will be 17x8

225 are not as wide as 235 so I figure I would install wider tires because rim is wider I think than the stock rims.

am I right?

I am wondering where I am going to get this done as I think most shops dont want to install anything that isnt listed as the stock factory size.

I can take the wheels to have tires installed. just not sure who I want to do that or where I am buying tires yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im buying new tires withing the next couple weeks. I am also installing different rims which will be 17x8

225 are not as wide as 235 so I figure I would install wider tires because rim is wider I think than the stock rims.

am I right?

I am wondering where I am going to get this done as I think most shops dont want to install anything that isnt listed as the stock factory size.

I can take the wheels to have tires installed. just not sure who I want to do that or where I am buying tires yet.
Check out this link:

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

You can input the specs of your OEM tires/wheels and then input the specs of your desired tires/wheels and get a visual comparison, along with information on clearances for suspension, fenders and wheel wells, as well as the difference in speedometer reading.

FYI, assuming you have the same 17" OEM wheels I have, they have a rim size of 7" and have a 39mm offset.

Hope that helps!

c ya!
Ron :nerd

·
Registered
106 Posts
JAX, not sure if you have seen my previous posts on tires/wheels, but I am running a 17x8 15ET with 245/65/r17 ATs. It is tight, but clears without any rubbing throughout full articulation. Ensuring your offset is not pushing the combo outside the wheel wells too much, you'll be fine. I have not personally been to any tire shop that cares about the overall size of the combo, they are only concerned with payment... :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks all....got tires...just waiting on my center bore rings to install then graphics next..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts